Posted in General Business 1 day ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, Delaware
CB Wholesale Lending Services - Quality Control Project Manager, Vice President
The position requires a results-focused, visionary, influential and process-disciplined leader with strong technical & business acumen to deliver against an extensive current & future-state roadmap. This individual will help develop and execute a multi phased plan to transform the program to a world class operating platform, ensuring a healthy balance between the strategic long term and tactical quarterly objectives.
This role will facilitate team-wide program review meetings and produce executive level reporting. Partner with peers and the business areas we support in the end-to-end execution of Quality Control (QC) Scorecard and Event Reviews, including taxonomy mapping to Control & Operational Risk Evaluation (CORE), including control breaks and resolutions, to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure and reputational risk. The role will be part of the CB Controls Business Operations Executive (BOE) team reporting to the Data and Quality Control Lead. The role will be partnering closely with the WLS QA Lead to ensure consistency and comprehensiveness. The role will also work closely with various Operational roles and peers across the BOE team and will engage with risk, audit, and technology control functions.
Control Management (CM) maintains a strong and consistent control environment across the firm. With Control Managers appointed for each Line of Business, Function and Region, there is a comprehensive coverage and joint accountability model with the business executive that promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk.
Control Management focuses on four areas:
1) Control design and expertise
2) Risks and controls identification/assessment
3) Control breaks and resolution
4) Control governance & reporting
• Strategic management of WLS Quality Control Program: Design and implement a sustainable governance model that enforces standardization while addressing the impact to each LOB. Collaborating with stakeholders and business leaders to ensure QC is being performed in the right manner and in the right places, to provide efficient and effective controls that reduce overall risk for the business and our customers, while ensuring data integrity in support of regulatory and other reporting requirements
• Project management duties to layout a strategic path for a series of changes over time including roadmap creation, stakeholder management, impact analysis, resource requirements and success criteria in order to assign appropriate priority and estimation of time to execute for project milestones. Main program enhancements should include Change Control, Population Control, QIP Enhancements, Aurora dashboards, Controls Engagement
• Ensure deliverables are well understood, deadlines are met, and issues are escalated as appropriated. Work with Program partners, Control Management peers and the Business to ensure reviews are managed appropriately and that controls are sustainable. Overtime, move the program to business as usual (BAU) holding the business accountable for Quality Control.
• Provide control related due diligence to business units to foster a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
• Help establish control governance and reporting to identify meaningful metrics to inform on health of operational risk and control environment; escalate control breaks based on key reporting indicators; and provide input to control committees and forums.
• Leverage technology and process improvements to mitigate reliance on manual processes.
• Meeting administration: Lead designated meetings to include establishing deadlines for key partners, delivering meeting minutes, and working with key partners to ensure the meetings continue to add value. Create Power Point/Pitch Pro material as needed. Working Group participation in the firmwide Data Governance Data Control: Adherence to the Standard initiative.
• In partnership with stakeholders, evaluate and perform an end-to-end analysis of the business' risk and control environment to identify significant gaps and weaknesses and determine root cause of control breaks
• Ensure that controls are properly designed, operating effectively, and essential to a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
• Perform ongoing analysis of program related data (e.g., KRI/KPI) and develop ad-hoc reports as requested to support business-related programs and strategies which may include enhanced reporting, diagnostics, and analytics with user-friendly dashboards
• Review results of QC deep dives completed by Control Management and enhance testing based on lessons learned
• Strategic management of proposals to resolve complex scenarios which require the consideration of operational impact, regulatory obligations, and a dynamic product and control climate
• Designing solutions and working with the business and respective control partners to ensure sufficient compensating controls are in place.
• Oversight of data and quality control specialist(s) as it pertains to Quality Control Scorecard control implementation
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• 7+ years of experience in financial services industry with background in controls, audit, quality assurance, operational risk management, or compliance preferred; or equivalent subject matter expertise in a relevant business related function/operation
• Previous change management program experience with proven success
• Previous experience & expertise and a true passion for process innovation, design, and digital technology with proven success delivering complex, large scale initiatives
• Demonstrated project management & leadership experience in financial services
• Strong financial & lending domain experience / knowledge
• Demonstrated experience managing and collaborating with multiple teams, coordinating across different cross-functional initiatives, and reaching consensus with diverse stakeholders
• Excellent judgement and independent decision-making ability
• Strong organization, attention to detail, time management, planning skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to multiple levels of management, both written and verbal
• Ability to visualize and present complex messages to stakeholders and executives
• Knowledge of data warehousing technologies a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio)
• Expert in Microsoft Power Point/Pitch Pro
• Problem solving / Analytical skills - solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills; ability to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate appropriate conclusions
o Understanding root cause / identifying control breaks
o Developing timely and sustainable solutions
o Analyze metrics for emerging risk
• Business knowledge - ability to understand the Commercial Banking business / knowledge of regulation surrounding business
• Team Player - strong influencing skills and ability to develop strong partnerships across businesses
• Communication/presentation - excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner
• Networking - strong interpersonal skills; strong collaboration and relationship building skills
• Work autonomously to affect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
• Decision Making/judgement - moderate level of independent decision making using sound judgement
• Implementation skills
o Writing Action Plans, Procedures
o Change Management
• Ability to make subjective and informed decisions based upon output, influence stakeholders and justify decision makingJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans