Posted in General Business 3 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
CIB - Equity Research - Brokers, Asset Managers & Exchanges
An Analyst/Associate in Equity Research will help conduct and facilitate industry analysis and company-specific coverage. This involves core research ranging from dissecting earnings releases and regulatory filings to assessing relevant news events, modeling financial statements and industry dynamics, performing detailed valuation work, writing research notes and sector pieces, and speaking to internal and external clients and management teams about the stocks and sector. You will work with our partners in both sales and trading to provide comprehensive client coverage, including fulfilling client requests for market updates and market intelligence. Research is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. We look for candidates who possess strong accounting, finance, quantitative and business writing/communication skills, as well as modeling, forecasting, and valuation experience.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including
• Excellent quantitative skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• 1-2 years of experience in research or investment banking; some knowledge of the brokerage, asset management, and exchange industry
• Ability to multi-task and collaborate within a team environment
• Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
• Advanced level of proficiency in Excel
• Experience with programming/scripting, process automation, and web-scraping, knowledge of VBA is a plus
• A CFA, or progress toward a CFA, is a plusJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans