Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Finance and Business Management (F&BM) group provides financial advice to support the CIB's business strategy and helps to ensure a sound control environment.
This is an F&BM Associate role to support the realization of CIB Securities Processing Technology deliverables within the Digital and Platform Services division. The primary function of the role is to provide strategic support to a technology team, within a global organization of ~1,000 people accounting for ~$180mm of expenses. This position will require regular interaction with senior management across CIB F&BM, CIB Operations & Technology.
Candidates will be expected to be best of breed individual contributors; possess strong inter-personal skills, as well as a proven track record of delivery in the financial business management and program management field. The ideal candidate will be analytical and proactive in problem solving, forming ideas and delivering solutions that enable better self-service and automation of the management of the continuous delivery framework. The candidate should ideally have business management experience within technology organization with an understanding of Securities trade processing and other Investment Bank functions.
Management and Portfolio Reporting
- Support the alignment of the business strategy into a coherent technology multi-year plan
- Support the organization to execute against the multi-year plan
- Support the creation and adoption of common set of goals, metrics and key success measures for the group
- Support the delivery of executive-level monthly business reviews to all stakeholders
- Support creation of dashboards and management reporting
- Ensure system reconciliations across all expense types
- Identify process improvements that can deliver F&BM efficiences
- Support the annual planning process through engagement with stakeholders
- Support the monthly financial review process
- Support the annual planning & monthly financial review processes
- Resource management/ project allocation & reforecasting
- Reviewing expenses and identifying potential reductions in the cost base to streamline business processes and improve profitability
- Support workforce strategy (skills and location) that is consistent with the macro CIB Technology workforce strategy
- Manage ongoing third-party forecasts
- Support contract management & vendor on-off boarding process
- Liaising with key resources/ stake holders to ensure contracts & invoices are managed effectively
- Relevant industry experience, ideally coupled with business management and financial experience
- Background in finance, technology, and operations
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Experience in project and programme management area
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and deliver in a fast pace of change and challenging environments
- Must have a collaborative and participative style. Professionalism, sensitivity, discretion and sound decision-making skills allied with the ability to interact at senior executive level
- Ability to work independently, taking ownership of specific tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, follow-up skills and results-orientation
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Product Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.