Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
An effective Data Architecture and Data Management strategy is critical to delivering on our business objectives, reducing costs, lowering risk, increasing performance and providing transparency required by various stakeholders.
The Software Engineer will work as part of the Onyx by JPMorgan Chase Data Architecture team to meet strategic deliverables by agreeing and delivering artefacts such as the Business Entity Model, State Model, Controlled Vocabulary and Communication Schemas. and govern their implementation and traceability from Logical and Physical schemas.
The Software Engineer will be considered the Subject Matter Expert on Data and Data Architecture and Management working closely and collaboratively with the project development teams, ensuring that the design is implementable and that delivery is consistent with the agreed design.
The Software Engineer will also work with the JPMC Chief Data Office (CDO), Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB), Central Technology Organization (CTO) and Onyx core architecture teams on standards, tooling and assurance of ongoing Data Architecture deliverables such as Data Lineage, Lifecycle Management, Quality Monitoring and Metadata Management.
• Strong experience of several major technology implementation projects, ideally with a strong data orientation
• Proficiency in one or more major programming languages such as Java or Python.
• Experience in coding interfaces from data communication contracts, leveraging standard serialization protocols such as JSON and Protobuff.
• Knowledge of various Data Architecture options including ODS, Data Lake, Data Warehousing, OLTP, Data Vault and OLAP
• Strong working knowledge and experience of Data Modelling and Meta-modelling (preferably with UML) or use of alternative Data Modelling tools such as Erwin, Power Designer and MagicDraw
• Strong Treasury/Payments domain knowledge.
• Experience in creating, contributing to and reviewing Architecture and Development artefacts such as Logical Data Model's
• Experience of Data and Data Architecture processes and the development of artefacts such as Controlled Vocabulary, Ontology, Taxonomy, Business Information Model, Logical and Physical Data Modelling.
• Knowledge of core Data Architecture capabilities, including Master and Reference Data Management, Data Quality (DQ), Metadata Management, Data Taxonomy, Data Integration, Data Migration and Data Modelling
• Knowledge of and preferably development with industry standard models such as ISO 20022, FIBO and IBM IFW.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans