Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, Delaware
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
The Strategic Accounting Infrastructure and Control (SAIC) Team is responsible for the analysis and execution of financial accounting architecture changes, supporting Financial Control, Asset Class Control, and Product Control. The projects range from production remediations and industry/LOB initiatives to large-scale, multi-year strategic initiatives to replace entire product systems.
The SAIC Team is looking for an Associate to support Impact subledger fixed income trading system for the North America activity.
• Providing finance project support for Impact subledger system
• Involvement with small to large scale initiatives with Impact
• Liaise with Financial Controllers, Asset Class Controllers, Product Controllers, and other interested parties to ensure other requirements are addressed.
• Work closely with Technology during the development phase to ensure build meets finance requirements.
• Work closely with Operations to identify inconsistencies between Finance and Operations requirements.
• Write and execute UAT test cases; participate in E2E, production parallel and conversion testing.
• Ensure strategic infrastructure design meets Finance Principles and Big Rules established.
• Analyze controls to ensure the strategic infrastructure operates within a solid control environment- including identifying any opportunities for process and control improvements.
• Liaise with PMO and assist with overall governance.
The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment. Additional qualifications:
• 2-4 years finance or accounting experience (fixed income securities experience preferred)
• Understanding of the securities trade lifecycle
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills including root cause analysis and ability to provide solutions
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently
• Organized and self-motivated
• Strong multitasking and prioritizing skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong working knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot tables, v-lookups). PowerPoint and Word
• Knowledge of key Finance systems and processes, including MIS and GL, a plus
• Business process or technology project experience, a plusJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans