Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
As an experienced Full Stack Application Engineer of our Software Engineering Group, you'll apply your expertise to solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• BS/MS degree or equivalent experience
• Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• 7+ years of hands-on programming/application development experience in JAVA 8, Spring Boot, REST/API
• Proficiency in: SQL/Hibernate, Messaging (MQ & Kafka)
• Strong knowledge in automated build pipelines like Jenkins and testing tools JMeter, Cucumber, Selenium etc
• Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
• Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
• Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
• Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
• Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
• Passionate about building an innovative culture
• Exhibit strong sense of ownership and accountability at all times.
• Discuss and comprehend requirements to recommend optimal solutions.
• Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs with other members of the team.
• Experience in building cloud native applications and microservices
- Extensive analysis, design, coding, testing and debugging skills Java and Angular js Framework
- Ability to provide production support, liaising with users, debugging production issues and resolving
- Experience in dealing with multi-location teams.
- Experience in leading and mentoring junior engineers
- Experience in designing full stack systems and data stores using good software design principles.
- Knowledge of project lifecycle and software development lifecycle deliverables including version and revision control practices and procedures.
- Flexibility, able to execute against tight deadlines, work with minimum supervision, exercise independent judgment, and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent dealing with ambiguity skill
Our Asset and Wealth Management Technology organization is driven by smart innovators like you to develop applications supporting our business growth and allowing us to work more efficiently. Your efforts will be central to taking care of our ultra high net worth and high net worth clients' wealth and delivering exceptional client service. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile AWM Technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans