Posted in General Business 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
ED, Software Engineering Director
CCB Home Lending Originations Technology is seeking Software Engineering Director to join our product organization and manage agile delivery teams. These teams work closely with our business partners/Area product owners to build strategic solutions that create memorable moments for our customers.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. Expertise in various technology delivery concepts including Domain Driven Design, API oriented development, microservice and event based architectures, and automation are key. You will manage teams in building cloud based solutions leveraging modern patterns with implementations in both our private and public cloud platforms.
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
• Primarily responsible for managing agile software delivery teams; most experienced members who spend over 50% of their time on organizational management and skill sets that are fungible across all job families.
• Champion leveraging modern technologies including cloud backed APIs, microservices and DevSec culture.
• Responsible for all aspects of technology delivery.
• Strong risk management mindset relative to managing risk and delivering technical tasks related to the solution e.g. breaks, defects, patches & upgrades
• Strong talent assessment and talent management background
• Mentor team members to progress their technical and professional skills
• Build and maintain relationships with business and technology team members.
• Triage technical issues and lead teams toward solving problems.
• Plan team capacity to accommodate demands.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience Computer Science or related field.
• 8+ years of experience on technical Delivery teams and enterprise products.
• 3+ years of managing technical Delivery teams and enterprise products.
• Demonstrated proficiency in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
• Demonstrated experience building internet scale platforms from the ground up. Strong understanding of OOP & SOA principles, enterprise design patterns and industry best practices with experience using modern technology (e.g. Java, Cassandra, Kafka) and design patterns (e.g. microservices, APIs).
• Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns and experience building thread safe code.
• Expert level experience designing and building REST web services at internet scale.
• Experience in cloud technologies and patterns (AWS, Google Cloud).
• Experience with automated testing tools and capabilities (Cucumber, Selenium, ATDD, TDD).
• Experience with high volume, mission critical applications.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with tuning high volume applications.
• Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle or Amazon RDS and messaging technologies such as IBM MQ and Apache Kafka.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational and management skills.
• Attention to detail.
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans