Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Under the administrative supervision of the Vice President, Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer, the Associate Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for the provision of administrative support and oversight for SBCH, GVCH, CRH, CRC and SYCH.
Supervises the Following Positions:
Clinical Managers and Directors of Acute Care Services, including; Orthopedics, Oncology, Infusion Suite, Neurology-Urology, Telemetry, Pulmonary-Renal-Infectious Disease, Surgical Trauma, the Manager of Patient Care Services, Nursing Resource Unit, Administrative House Supervisors, Bed Control, Transfer Center, Staffing Office, Clinical Policy Writer and other staff providing direct and indirect care of acute care patients at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital.
Major Accountabilities/ Specific Job Competencies
• Understands, supports and promotes the organizational values inherent in the philosophy of the hospital.
• Performs job duties in a manner which demonstrates the values of the hospital and its commitment to a customer focus.
• Manages the responsibility for the development, approval and implementation of standards of nursing practice which support the mission and vision of the hospital and regulatory agencies.
• Models expert decision making, collaboration and negotiation skills at both service and organizational levels to maximize patient outcomes and resource utilization.
• Participates with the administration, medical staff and clinical representatives in developing the hospital's top goals, strategic plans, budgets, resource allocation, community outreach, operation plans and policy, making decisions and taking action consistent with the accepted standards and values of the hospital.
• Participates in policy decision affecting patient care services at relevant levels of decision making with the system in accordance with the mission and values of the hospital.
• Participates in developing and implementing mechanisms for collaboration between nursing staff members, physicians, and other clinical practitioners.
• Cooperates with other departments to accomplish hospital objectives.
• Establishes goals and objectives for the assigned departments.
• Operates department in compliance with other regulatory agency requirements.
• Maintains communication with all department employees.
• Complies with Human Resources policies and procedures.
• Evaluates employee performance and recommends salary review.
• Develops the budget, in collaboration with other leaders and hospital personnel according to department policies and procedures.
• Oversees the management of the assigned department's budget including capital and operating budgets.
• Participates along with other nursing management personnel in the ongoing review of the hospital's operating plans, policies and practices.
• Coordinates patient placement/requirements for nursing care with available nursing resources.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates programs to promote recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
• Ensures adequate department equipment, materials and supplies are available.
• Participates in the development and implementation of mechanisms for recognizing the expertise and performance of nursing staff members engaged in patient care.
• Collaborates with other management and clinical leaders to develop mechanisms for promoting the educational and advancement goals of hospital staff members.
• Participates in evaluating, selecting and integrating health care technology and information management systems that support patient care needs and the efficient utilization of nursing resources.
• Collaborates with educators to determine curricula including clinical/managerial learning experiences.
Additional Job Duties:
• Uses appropriate interpersonal skills to guide team members to accomplish objectives, and facilitate teamwork, participation and cooperation. Delegates work so that team members have the necessary direction, authority and skills to complete assignments.
• Develops new and unique ideas to improve existing systems or operations, and when new organizational approaches are needed. Encourages innovative efforts with team members. Uses effective communication skills to resolve conflicts.
• Maintains the necessary level of professional/clinical knowledge in areas of functional responsibility.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards through leadership and guidance which results in excellent patient care delivery, documentation, reimbursement and successful site surveys.
• Supports the culture and philosophy of Shared Governance.
• Participates and promotes concepts of the Magnet Journey.
• BSN Degree and one of the following Master's Degrees: MSN, MBA, MHA.
Licenses / Certifications
• Current California RN license, BLS certification.
• Five years of progressively responsible healthcare management/administrative/leadership experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of nursing principles, theories, and practices. Knowledge of leadership theories, principles, practices, techniques, and methods. Ability to exercise good judgment and tact in providing strong leadership, guidance, and assistance.