Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
JPMAM is seeking to hire a Research Analyst for the Sustainable Investing team. S/he will be part of a global team responsible for creating a platform ESG research capability. The Research Analyst will be expected to conduct ESG materiality and/or thematic research and help execute on the overall strategy for the team focusing on the build out of the proprietary ESG framework and analytical capability. The successful candidate will possess a passion for creative and critical thinking about financial markets, and a desire to be part of a fast-growing team. Previous experience in an analytical research, quantitative role either in Asset management or a closely related business is essential.
Expectations of the role
Research & Analysis
• Work with the Global Head of Sustainable Investing and a team of dedicated research analysts globally to develop and deliver a platform ESG research capability to create key ESG insights;
• Manage strategic research projects and deliver original ESG materiality, data and sustainability-themed research;
• Build and manage the proprietary ESG signals, scoring system, and centralised database based on the JPMAM-wide materiality framework;
• Build relationships with other teams supporting the investment and research process;
• Closely partner with multiple teams across JPMAM in the execution of joint research work, and partner to design and construct portfolios tailored to suit investor requirements and preferences;
• Support and drive the evolution of the investment platform including the development of ESG-focused analytical modules and risk tools in all aspects of portfolio management.
Internal Stakeholder & Client Engagement
• Successful candidates should have at least 6 years of relevant investment experience;
• Practical experience in sustainable/ ESG investing and investment research a must;
• Solid understanding of financial markets, investment theories and asset valuations;
• Experience in the application of quantitative methods and analytic techniques in the analysis of financial data;
• Familiarity with portfolio construction and multi-asset classes a plus;
• Proficiency in python programming
• Key skills are analytical skill, decision-making, intellectual curiosity, intellectual honesty, pro-active and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Outstanding interpersonal characteristics, reputation, and team orientation, which will
• enable her/him to command the confidence, loyalty, and respect of investment colleagues
• Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) preferred within a business or technical field (finance, economics, mathematics, science etc.)
• Successful candidates should be pro-active in finding new investment ideas as well as thorough in understanding, valuing and maintaining coverage on existing research projects
• This is a demanding job requiring highly motivated individuals who are willing to work hard to build up their knowledge base, performance track record and credibility within the teamJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans