Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
The Private Banking Mortgage Center provides end to end mortgage origination in all 50 states for Private Bank clients with unique needs. Our loans are generally complex transactions due to the financial diversity and sophistication of the client base. Our clients expect the highest levels of quality service throughout the process, resulting in an exceptional client experience.
The Mortgage Center Supervisor has direct responsibility for managing the day to day execution of the team's responsibilities, as well as the resolution of issues related to the underwriter. As a supervisor of the underwriting department, you will oversee a team of 4-8 Underwriters responsible for, but not limited to:
• Manage a staff of Underwriters, to include the hiring, coaching and development of staff to maximize production results and efficiencies. Responsible for evaluating and managing performance, conducting performance reviews, development of staff to include corrective action and termination recommendations, managing schedules and approving time. Conduct regular team meetings to ensure staff is informed and aware of change impacting their role and the department. Underwrite mortgage loans for high net worth individuals.
• Manage and prioritize the workflow for the day to day operation of the Underwriting team to maximize productivity and quality. Ensure that department standards, volumes and SLAs are met. Ensure compliance with process and procedures, as well as maintaining high customer service levels for internal partners and customers. Regularly monitor incoming volumes to ensure appropriate alignment of headcount and resources.
• Collaborate with the Mortgage Advisory team and internal Mortgage Center partners to resolve production, quality and service related issues within the team and the Mortgage Center more broadly. Participate in projects related to productivity improvements, compliance, and other matters as needed.
• Monitor and identify trends, best practices, and regulatory developments. Recommend suggestions for improving efficiencies within the department, as well as more broadly within the Mortgage Center. Recommend and document changes to process and policy. Oversee compliance with regulatory requirements that impact department, including Regulation Z and Regulation B, RESPA and HMDA.
• Typically a minimum of 5 years mortgage operations experience; preferably with underwriting knowledge of Jumbo mortgages and/or complex financing considerations.
• Typically 1-3 years mortgage operations supervisory or management experience, including experience coaching, team-building, and mentoring others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to manage and maintain productivity during peak periods, high volumes and stressful situations.
• Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to manage workflow and priorities.
• Proven record of reliable customer service to internal and external customers.
• Proficient PC skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans