Posted in General Business 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plano, Texas
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank advises the world's wealthiest families and helps them achieve their desired goals. Our teams of Bankers deliver advice, solutions and services across investments, wealth planning, credit and banking to help clients build, preserve and manage their wealth over time.
The U.S. Private Bank advises families across the U.S. through 45 offices and represents one of the largest growth opportunities for J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. In 2019, the U.S. Private Bank was recognized by Euromoney as the #1 Private Bank Overall in North America.
The Goals-Based Planning Consultants are a centralized team at the forefront of driving adoption of Goals-Based Advice across the firm. Location in Plano, TX, in our first class campus, they will be primarily responsible for providing consulting, coaching and training to Bankers and Investors, other integrated team members and in-market leadership throughout the country. They will develop strong partnerships and work in tandem with regional Wealth Strategists, other Wealth Planning & Advice practice groups, and Senior Management to deliver concepts and application of Goals-Based Advice.
• Develop an expert knowledge on the Goals-Based Approach and the Goals-Based Analysis (currently MoneyGuide Pro)
• Leverage the Goals-Based Analysis to guide front office colleagues on creating a decision making framework for clients, formulating financial planning strategies, and aligning solutions across our first class platform in Planning, Investing, Banking and Borrowing
• Deliver first-class level of service by answering incoming calls from integrated team members regarding Goals-Based Advice and software related inquiries promptly, professionally and digging deeper to elevate the conversation and provide a better outcome for the client
• Understand the suite of solutions available on the J.P. Morgan Private Bank platform with a specific focus on how they best align with the client's goals
• Work closely with Wealth Strategists to form a dynamic partnership to drive adoption and integration of Goals-Based Advice and utilization of the Goals-Based Analysis to frame client decisions.
• Create and deliver content as needed for training and development on Goals-Based Advice and the Goals-Based Analysis
• Prepare integrated team members for client conversations by evaluating the client's analysis and role-playing possible scenarios and strategies
• Leverage client facing and sales experience to coach integrated team members on how to appropriately profile from a Goals-Based perspective, overcome objections and deliver appropriate solutions
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA, JD, CFA, or CFP preferred
• 4+ years of experience in the financial services industry or 2+years with a concentration in financial planning
• 2+ years of experience in Sales, Marketing or Training
• 2+ years of experience working with financial planning software (MoneyGuide Pro preferred but not required)
• Strong phone skills with the capability to handle a large number of inbound calls and emails and prioritize with other competing tasks
• Capable of diving deep on technical details but also able to bring the conversation back to the big picture to instill confidence in analytical results but have to deliver them in a client friendly manner
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks
• Intellectually curious and a critical thinker with a relentless pursuit of excellence
• Detail oriented with strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to work within a team and thrive in a highly visible and fast paced work environment
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Series 7 & 63 licenses required for position; however, unlicensed candidates considered but required to obtain licenses within 90 days of start dateJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans