Posted in Finance 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Job ID: 18435
The Accounts Payable Lead will have an overall responsibility for general accounting activity surrounding the accounts payable function. The Accounts Payable Lead will also be responsible for processing vendor invoices and reconciling vendor statements, as well as interacting with internal and external customers. Provide guidance and assign tasks to Accounts Payable Clerks in department.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
Accounts Payable Responsibilities:
• Processes checks, wires and reconciliations in accordance with company policies.
• Processes invoices through data entry in ERP system in accordance with company policies.
• Research and resolve discrepancies.
• Manages vendors request for information and inquiries.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors and is point of contact.
• Accurately review code and process invoices.
• Implement process improvement to enhance internal controls and efficiencies of the Accounts Payable process.
• Accrue unvouchered invoices at month end, reconcile unvouchered receipts.
General Accounting Responsibilities:
• Performs general accounting tasks (journal entries and account reconciliations).
• Makes journal entries and reconciles accounts.
• Miscellaneous intercompany transactions.
• Comply with SOX and other operational business controls.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Filing documents as appropriate.
• Process payments to international companies/partners (involves exchange rates and charging invoices via journal entries).
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Vendor relationship skills
• Excellent Organization skills
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
• Working knowledge of basic accounting principles.
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) as well as high volume data entry.
• Familiar with accounting/ERP systems.
• Ability to work under pressure and flexibility when needed.
• Effective communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills through demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time.
• Established collaboration skills and the ability to communicate with openness and transparency.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure with various departments.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• International AP experience is an asset.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to lift 50 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.