Posted in Information Technology 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Full Stack Engineer
Cognizant Digital Engineering
If you’re like us, you’ve got big ideas. At Cognizant, we’re exploring new ideas every day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value—by connecting people with things, insights and experiences.
Cognizant digital engineering designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable innovation.
Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking a highly qualified Java engineer with experience in developing and in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. You have a passion for high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You’re comfortable working side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. You are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it. Above all, you judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our customers.
• Java/Java EE/Spring microservice API development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
• Designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code
• Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and communicating these for architectural review
• Strong understanding of Java 8, Microservices, Spring-boot, API Development and AWS
• Proficient in Core Java /J2EE technologies & Spring framework
• Hands-on experience in the development of RESTFUL web services & spring boot based microservices Should be aware of CICD tools like Jenkins, Docker etc
• Knowledge of commonly used IDEs like Eclipse etc and UNIX scripts.
• Excellent communication skill and participates actively in team meetings discussions and be a specialist in Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
• Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements envisioning system features and functionality and enhance organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing requests exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today’s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams! We stand out because we put human experiences at the core. Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry recognized, award winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical training to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities to acquire certifications on the latest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients, our communities, and our organization. It’s the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you love ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission.
Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to demonstrate the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to quality instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment.
Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, and marital status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.
Headquartered in the U.S, Cognizant is a member of the S&P-500, Nasdaq-100, Fortune 200, and was recently ranked as the #1 Fastest Growing “All Star” by Fortune Magazine. Cognizant uses a highly flexible business model, a detailed global delivery network, and deep domain expertise to deliver to a long list of best-in-class companies that are leaders in their own space.