Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tysons Corner, Virginia
Senior Financial Analyst /Accountant _ Government Contracting
Primary job functions are as follow:
Handle and supervise monthly billings based on contract requirements, FFP, CFPP, and T&M.
Coordinate with Accounts payable to ensure to bill out all costs relevant to the customer, including subcontractors, travel, and other direct expenses every month
Work with the PMs to ensure billing is done correctly with the appropriate support and ensure that invoices are reviewed and submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
Setting up and verifying new contracts in the accounting system for all service types contracts, updating contract value and funding requirements monthly.
Manage and update contracts backlog report for Services, preparing Revenue summary analysis for all contracts and preparation and review of Project Summary Report (PSR).
Manage/Prepare closeout billing by coordinating with the PMs and Contract.
Ensure monthly billings accuracy for all contracts and research and resolve any disparities between contract requirements and invoices.
Engage with billing /PMs on revenue accruals, ensuring that all revenue is appropriately recognized, including the recording of required revenue accruals and the analysis and validation of the accuracy of associated unbilled receivables.
Perform Indirect rate analysis based on actual vs. provisional rates.
Work with the Accounting Project Manager to ensure monthly preparation of unbilled revenue.
Handling and supervise AR collections for the Services side of the business.
Assist with DCAA. DCMA audits.
Help and assist with pricing as needed.
Submit invoices via portals.
Other duties are as follow:
Supports the monthly accounting close process and financial reporting.
Prepares standard month-end journal entries.
Provide support to payroll as a back-up.
Assists with external audits/reviews and compiling data for income tax preparation.
Ad hoc reporting as needed.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance or related fields. CPA is a plus.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in accounting /finance with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in government contracting. Previous Managerial experience is a plus.
• Demonstrate Knowledge of all contract types including FFP, CPFF & T&M.
• Strong understanding of the close process and general ledger.
• Solid understanding of GAAP, FAR, and CAS.
• Prior experience in revenue recognition methodologies across all contract types.
• Project accounting system experience required ( MS Dynamics & CostPoint is a big Plus).
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, but advanced expertise with MS Excel.
• Able to work independently, but also useful as part of a team.
• Proactive approach to problem-solving
• Ability to meet and enforce deadlines
• Detail Oriented, but also able to appreciate the bigger picture
• A strong attention to detail with a focus on analytics
• Proactive learning ability, a strong work ethic, and a high level of personal integrity.
• Good time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See Job Description