Provide leadership across specific R&D, Quality and Supply Chain technical related activities for the execution of Renovation, Innovation, Technical Brand Stewardship (i.e. Quality) and Network Move projects within Ferrara's Cookies, Cones & Crusts Annual Operation Calendars and Innovation pipelines.
With support and alignment from plant personnel, successfully own and execute processes and procedures for efficient and data driven product and process assessments that facilitate the identification and codification of scalable and repeatable manufacturing across Ferrara's portfolio generating product & process specifications and ensuring quality compliance.
Represent R&D at a factory level, supporting supply chain operations and supply chain quality in the ongoing quality production of our products at the Augusta Bakery.
Leadership R&D aspects related to product/process troubleshooting to ensure the production of products that comply with Product Quality Specifications.
Work effectively with cross-functional partners in the Cookies, Cones & Crusts organization (3rd party co-manufacturers, Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, Engineering, Quality, etc.) to ensure efficient and successful project progress and execution.
Leverage a combination of functional and business expertise to shape, develop and execute the technical product and process aspects within network projects to contribute towards sustainable business growth.
Experiences That Will Support Your Success
Graduate in a Food Science or Chemical Engineering looking to build a long term career within R&D.
Minimum of 3-6 years previous experience in FMCG R&D, product or technology development roles, ability to demonstrate established competence at product / process development, strong ability to cross functionally operate & influence within a factory environment and proven experience in executing & launching products to market.
Passion for creativity and innovation within a commercially driven environment.
Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement of products and processes and demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail.
Comfortable operating in a very fast paced and ambiguous environment.
Really strong project management skills to effectively & efficiently drive a complex project(s) portfolio.
Self-starter, self-motivating: able to balance competing priorities without losing momentum and manage uncertainty and complexity in fast evolving FMCG environments.
Good understanding/appreciation of the broader business environment and application of technical and commercial knowledge during project execution.
Understanding of Chemical Engineering, Food Science and Manufacturing.
In-depth analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful information.
Very good attention to detail, highly numerate and computer literate (Microsoft Office).
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence with integrity through persuasive communication to win support at more senior levels within R&D and Cross Functional areas (Marketing, 3rd party co-manufacturers, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, etc.) to build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders from different levels, backgrounds and cultures.
Ability to create and use networks to actively seek and take advantage of ideas, best practice and solutions developed elsewhere
Fosters a positive, inclusive work environment where people feel respected and valued for their contributions, especially capable of working cross culturally
Supports people to build their skills and empowers others to act and think in ways that will get the job done
Whilst the role is day based at one location, willing to work flexible hours on occasion and travel as necessary.
Valid driving license.
Availability to travel between 20-30% according to priorities & project requirements.
Skills That Will Make You Successful?
Setting the Agenda
• Relevant & really strong project management experience, covering product & process development within FMCG environment.
• Good understanding/appreciation of the broader business environment and application of technical and commercial knowledge during project execution.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence with integrity through persuasive communication to win support at more senior levels within R&D and Cross Functional areas (Marketing, 3rd party co-manufacturers, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, etc.) to build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders from different levels, backgrounds and cultures.
• Ability to explain complex technical issues / solutions to a non-technical audience.
• Quickly analyses complex problems to find actionable pragmatic solutions and constructive action plan. Including statistical analysis.
Collaboration & Taking Others with You
• Able to inspire passion around shared goals with colleagues.
• Ability to create and use networks to actively seek and take advantage of ideas, best practice and solutions developed elsewhere
• Proactively shares information, best practices and ideas within R&D (including previous experiences).
• Values different perspectives and experiences and establishes trust and mutual respect when working with other people regardless of professional or cultural background.
• Adopt a positive, inclusive work environment where people feel respected and valued for their contributions
• Supports people to build their skills and empowers others to act and think in ways that will get the job done
• Supports an environment of achievement, recognition and celebration. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.