Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bristol, Connecticut
Key Core Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining financial systems including ensuring routine operating and maintenance tasks are completed, and system enhancements and upgrades retested and completed.
- Collaborate with IT technical support to ensure system performance is maximized (including integrating automated data feeds from various data sources such as ERP systems and Data Warehouse)
- Managing end user security for accounting systems
- Conducting regular assessments of software needs and designing new or modified systems
- Works closely with Corporate Accounting team, IT, Business Analysis and Planning, operations and executive leaders on financial systems initiative
- Initiate software consulting engagements as needed
- Develop and enhance automated reporting and modeling tools to expedite reporting and analysis
- Initiate and implement best practice procedures to meet the business financial operations requirements and goals
- Develop/Provide end user training
- Identify and resolve systems issues
- Collaborate in the design planning, development and deployment of enhancements to existing financial systems and new applications in addition to defining the scope of work, deliverables, timeframes and methodology for improvement initiatives
- Improve the business process and operations through prototyping and developing new financial system enhancements
- Provide administrative support for current Oracle EPM Cloud implementation
- Provide technical support and helpdesk assistance across multiple applications including Oracle (when implemented), SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC), BlackLine and SharePoint
- Liaison for internal and external auditors providing financial information required
- 6+ years supporting financial application databases (Oracle EPM Cloud or similar) and performing related financial analysis
- Strong computer and analytical skills with ability to provide technical solutions related to financial applications
- Expert in Microsoft Excel using advanced formulas and functions, pivots, charts, filtering, and building macros in addition to expanded usage of Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of MS SQL, Essbase, Smartview, VBA scripting, SharePoint, database applications, and data integrations using ETL tools
- Understands the fundamentals of financial statements, financial reporting and consolidation
- Highest degree of integrity and ethical behavior is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation and training skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks working independently or within a team; strong project management and leadership skills are key
- BS in Information Systems, Business, or Accounting required.
Instructions: To be considered for the above position, please visit our website , click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support Barnes Group Inc. business objectives.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).