Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Nutley, New Jersey
Clinical Skills Course Coordinator
Off of Med Edu-Curr Admin
HMH-Seton Hall SOM
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
No Weekends Required
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
No Holidays Required
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Clinical Skills Coordinator will participate in the development, implementation, evaluation, and enhancement of the School of Medicine's clinical skills curriculum, in close collaboration with the Director/Associate Director/Assistant Director of Clinical Skills and SOM leadership. This curriculum includes integrated three-year competency based clinical skills training and assessment, including assessment of the Core Entrustable Professional Activities for undergraduate medical education. This role will oversee the daily operations of the Clinical Skills program throughout all phases of the curriculum. In the pre-clerkship phase, the clinical skills curriculum will be part of the integrated Sciences/Skills/Reasoning Courses, which integrate content from the Biomedical, Behavioral, Social, and Health Systems sciences. The classroom-based elements of the pre-clerkship curriculum will utilize active learning techniques, including Team-based and Problem-based Learning. All curricular elements will link to the Human Dimension- a 3- year course in which pairs of students are linked to families in the community, follow them over time, bringing to life the many determinants of health, and whenever possible providing benefit to those families and communities.
A day in the life of a Clinical Skills Course Coordinator at the Hackensack Meridian Health School of Medicine can be described as follows:
Participates in the development, implementation, monitoring, and enhancement of all operational elements of the clinical skills curriculum.
- Responsible for coordinating activities related to the clinical skills curriculum. This includes developing, organizing, executing and tracking processes and schedules to manage the operations of the curriculum efficiently by working directly with the Director of Clinical Skills and other faculty members of the SOM.
- Manage communication with faculty, students, standardized patients, community physicians and administration. Owns entire communication life cycle and ensures proper communications are delivered to faculty regarding any initiatives and necessary changes needed for the operations.
- Develop and maintain an accurate database of community physicians participating in the longitudinal preceptor program. Able to leverage information stored in the database to react to curriculum changes and ensure the proper physicians are aligned to the necessary curriculum.
- Ensures implementation, adherence, monitoring, and continuous improvement of all policies and procedures related to the curriculum, including those regarding safety and operations. Makes necessary recommendations for improvement where needed.
- Ensures appropriate medical supplies are available for course curriculum to ensure course participants gain the knowledge needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- One (1) or more years of relevant work experience is preferred
- Must be able to operationalize processes and apply a system-based approach
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication to manage all daily communication as well as documents and reports regarding administrative aspects of the clinical skills curriculum
- Must be adept at multitasking and keeping extremely organized
- Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, work collaboratively with faculty, staff, community physicians and students at SOM and members of the other colleges on campus
- Must have the ability to manage and navigate technology-based resources for the successful execution of the curriculum including Microsoft office, Blackboard, B-line, and Medtrics
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.