Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Costa Mesa, California
Pharmacy Communications and Marketing, Senior will support the Pharmacy Services' Markets, Analytics and Product Strategies (MAPS) team by leading the review and assessment of Pharmacy communications, end-to-end process improvement and Medicare Compliance programs to create improved business operations and efficiencies.
Essential Job duties and responsibilities:
Lead end-to-end communication plan implementation for Commercial and Medicare strategic initiatives, including coordination with SMEs, Analytics and internal and external print vendors.
- Lead development, evaluation and implementation of communication strategies and projects to enhance external facing Pharmacy Program and Benefit information:
- Product cycle benefit materials.
- Pharmacy online member portal.
- Formularies and program/benefit documentation.
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs) responses.
- Strategic market business
- Support end-to-end communications process improvement, including
- Define business requirements and provides analysis to increase operational efficiency.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in operational performance and notifies management of issues and problems requiring immediate attention.
- Work cross-functionally in analyzing, designing, and developing business solutions.
- Lead the development and enhancement of tools and materials that enhance operating efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of communications workflows.
- Serve as primary Pharmacy communications lead for Medicare and Corporate Compliance teams, including requirements analysis of state, federal and internal Blue Shield marketing and branding guidelines.
- Support communications planning, materials, training and implementation of Health Reform and other Affordable Care Act mandates impacting the pharmacy benefit for all applicable Blue Shield lines of business.
Job and Education Requirements:
Bachelor's or Master's degree and 5 or more years of experience in a health plan, managed care or PBM.
Experience in designing or evaluating process workflows, including development and implementation of communication best practices
Experience in leading projects and gathering cross functional business requirements
Highly skilled in interpersonal and verbal/written communications, presentations, math, analytical and problem-solving, use of analytical tools.
Experience with regulatory processes and guidelines governing health insurance products; including leading and tracking compliance programs.
Ability to interpret internal and external business issues and recommends best practices.
Ability to identify, analyze and resolve cross-functional problems related to business operations utilizing best practice analysis methodology.
Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
Exhibits 'can do' attitude and solution oriented approach to issues encountered.
Demonstrated ability to use data to drive root cause analyses and define desired outcomes.
Demonstrated ability to overcome barriers to achieve results.
Demonstrated ability to push ideas, initiatives, and goals through work unit and/or organization.
Must be proficient in MS Office, particularly MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Previous project management experience preferred.
The Pharmacy Communications and Marketing, Senior will report to the Manager, Pharmacy Communications.
- Our Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!
- Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
- Equal Employment Opportunity: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
- Requisition ID: 2000217
- Posting Date: Sep 30, 2020
- Schedule: Full-time