Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Sacramento, California
EH&S provides UC Davis Health with injury prevention, environmental health, exposure control, biosafety, industrial hygiene, and environmental protection services.
Final Filing Date :10/28/2020
Salary Range : $7,125.00 to $16,883.33
Salary Frequency :Monthly
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 100%
Shift Hour : 08 hours
Location : Environmental Health & Safety, FSSB
City : Sacramento
Union Representation : No
Benefits Eligible : Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
Under the direction of the Director of Environmental Health & Safety, serve as the UCDH Associate Safety Officer and Assistant Director. Work to develop and implement workplace health and safety programs and the environment of care program for UC Davis Health for both the academic and clinical enterprises. Required to execute a wide variety of workplace safety programs that reduce and eliminate environmental risk or potential harm to our students, staff, patients, or visitors. Collaborate with the Director of EH&S, UCDH executive leadership, as well as Campus Risk and Safety Executive leadership to ensure that UCDH is in full compliance with all regulating and accrediting agencies. As Associate Safety Officer, has the discretion, authority, and responsibility to intervene in any hospital operations whenever conditions pose an immediate threat to life and health, or threaten damage to Medical Center buildings and/or equipment. Provide support, maintain programs, and resolve issues on behalf of the EH&S Director when required. Assist with supporting a complex department with multiple functional disciplines/occupations that has critical impact upon the organization as a whole. Has significant responsibility for formulating or administering policies and programs, manages significant human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a very high degree of autonomy. Assists the EH&S Director with the following: direct the overall operation of organization workplace health and safety programs including ensuring regulatory compliance and overall program management; create, develop and implement long term strategies and programs to meet challenging regulatory demands and ensure protection and consideration of public interest; provide broad spectrum technical management expertise and knowledge to balance regulatory requirements with University research, patient care, and educational needs and requirements, financial obligations/consideration, and public/private partnerships
* Master s degree in Environmental Science, Physics, Chemistry, or similar discipline and/or equivalent experience/training relevant.
* Extensive years of experience in developing comprehensive employee health & safety programs.
* Experience to conduct and coordinate audits, investigations and evaluations and achieve necessary corrective action.
* Experience leading technical professionals.
* Experience to negotiate and resolve conflicts involving diverse views and positions, develop consensus, develop innovative initiatives, provide direction and monitor the effectiveness of the programs.
* Experience and skill to develop original and innovative approaches and techniques to solve complex problems, recognize trends, develop long- range goals and analyze data of a complex and variable nature.
* Communication (oral, written, presentation, documentation) and interpersonal skills to interact with customers, convey technical information in lay terms, interpret and advise on regulations and laws, conduct training and educational programs, and develop detailed compliance reports and correspondence.
* Expert knowledge and skill to make sound decisions and apply professional knowledge and expertise from disciplines of industrial hygiene, safety, hazardous materials, emergency response, and control of infection risk from dust, mold and ventilation.
* Expert knowledge of injury prevention, ergonomics, personal protective equipment, airborne and bloodborne pathogens, chemical and non-ionizing radiation exposures, and infection risk related to ventilation, construction and ventilation, and related state and federal regulations.
* American Board of Industrial Hygiene professional certification (CIH) or equivalent (Certified Safety Professional)
* Employee Health and Safety experience in both academic and clinical environments.
* Experience with Workers Compensation databases and reports.
* Position requires employee to participate in the DMV Pull Notice
* Must be able to work special work schedules, including variable schedules on evening and night shift.
* Must be able to work occasional overtime.
* Must be able to wear appropriate safety equipment.
* Must participate in medical monitoring program.
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.