Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Sacramento, California
The mission of Information and Technology is to create and support an information technology environment that enhances the ability of the UC Davis community to teach, do research and provide public service. In support of the University's mission, IT will deliver an infrastructure of technological services appropriate to the requirements of the campus community.
Final Filing Date : 11/20/2020
Salary Range : $2,827.20 - $5,972.80 (Grade 24)
Salary Frequency : Biweekly
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 100%
Shift Hour : 08 hours
Location : Alhambra Cannery
City : Sacramento
Union Representation : No
Benefits Eligible : Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
Under the supervision of the Resolute Supervisor, this experienced professional performs a variety of duties relating to support of Epic Revenue Cycle Information Systems applications including Resolute Hospital Billing, Professional Billing and Claims in a SBO environment. The professional knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field; independantly performs the full range of responsibilites within the function; posseses broad job knowledge, analyzes problems an issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. Responsibilities include: assisting with process development, testing, enhancements and implementation, and support of information systems for the organization. Planning, development, and evaluation of Epic application functionality of projects small and medium sized at all levels of complexity or portions of large projects. Working with the team and key customers to ensure appropriate development, testing, training, and implementation of application functionality.
* Associate or bachelor degree in Information Technology or equivalent combnation of edcation and experience.
* Experience working with healthcare information systems.
* Experience working with clinical information systems or system implementation teams for complex projects and/or application development, including design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evlauation.
* Strong problem-resolution skills, with the ability to quickly diagnose problems that results in development, testing, and implemention of appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
* Experience supporting interfaced/integrated multi-vendor applications.
* Experience implementing and supporting electronic medical records.
* Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare operational practices and principles.
* Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, communication, and change management skills to establish and maintain positive and
* productive working relationships.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively train, support, and work collaboratively with users of all professional and technical levels.
* Applies appropriate methods and tools to the systems development life cycle.
* Knowledge of quality tools and experience in business or clinical process improvement initiatives.
* Participation in an implementation of an activity or strategy in a department, hospital or clinical system environment.
* Proficient in office automation software (word processing, spreadsheets, visual presentation, etc).
* Academic institution or large integrated health system experience preferred.
* Experience supporting healthcare revenue cycle workflows and applications.
* Experience being liaison between IT personnel and users to resolve issues and recommend system and process changes.
* Synthesizes knowledge of business operations and end-user requirements to improve or develop system design and training projects.
* Knowledge and understanding of University policies and procedures.
* Demonstrates working knowledge and the intrecies of the Epic application for the Revenue cycle Informatin Systems applications.
* Stonge analytical skills and knowledge in documentation and system design standards, with the abilty to design and execute tests, analyze system performance data and identify financial business impacts for the Revenue Cycle Information Systems applications.
* Ability to learn assigned applications and meet proficiency testing requirements, and to maintain Epic certification in assigned applications.
* Ability to organize and communicate thoughts logically and develop insightful conclusions.
* Understanding of, and ability to, influence user experience and customer service challenges.
* Sound decision-making and ability to set and achieve goals.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment and personal initiative and accept responsibility for decision and actions.
* Ability to build relationships across organizations and levels within organizations.
* Ability to recognize the need for and maintain security of confidential information; exercise judgment, tact and discretion in handling sensitive
* or confidential information or situations.
* Ability and willingness to learn and apply new and upgraded computerized systems to job responsibilities.
* Accountability for analyst support and for establishing customer service-oriented relationship with users.
* Required to pass role appropriate manager-approved Epic certification exams within three months of attending Epic training. (specify a reasonable time for the specific exams)
* Must be able to travel to Wisconsin to attend Epic certification training sessions and other travel as required.
* Must maintain role appropriate manager-approved certifications as per Epic s continuing education requirements defined in the most current Epic Training Guide
* Travel in the Northern California region may be required. Reliable transportation necessary for off-site visits. Mileage and travel expenses will be reimbursed per UC Policy. Occasional out of state travel may be required to attend additional training and professional conferences.
* Must be able to work overtime and/or flexible hours as needed to meet committed project dates.
* This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.