Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Sacramento, California
The Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) has space for 63 beds or gurneys. The PACU is focused on the recovery of patients from anesthetic agents, airway management, pain control, sedation, and hemodynamic monitoring for post-surgical adult and pediatric patients as well as patients from other units such as radiology, GI lab, pulmonary lab, cardiac catheterization lab, and labor and delivery. The PACU may function as an overflow ICU when the ICUs are at capacity. There are two PACUs; Pavilion PACU (63 beds) and CSC PACU (24 beds).
Final Filing Date : 11/08/2020
Salary Range : $22.76 to $28.30
Salary Frequency : Hourly
No. of Openings : 5
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 100%
Shift Hour : 8-12 hours
Location : PACU, SESP and Children s Surgery Center
City : Sacramento
Union Representation : Yes
Benefits Eligible : Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
The OR Assistant is responsible for keeping work areas clean and orderly, overturning beds, stocking medical carts and transporting patients.
* Experience transporting patients in an acute care hospital setting.
* Experience in cleaning patient areas.
* Experience in setting priorities and organizing workload.
* Experience working under stress and high pressure situations.
* Experience conducting Quality Assurance monitors pertinent to assigned areas.
* Knowledge of emergent and routinely used equipment.
* Knowledge of handling delicate equipment (Doppler, Scanner, portable 02 Saturation Monitor, CPAP Monitors).
* Knowledge of handling infectious waste and hazardous materials.
* Perioperative experience preferred.
* Ability to lift 25 lbs.
* Ability to push and pull gurneys.
* Physical strength to assist in moving/lifting patients.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time.
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.