Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Germantown, Tennessee
This Advanced Practice Provider will support our Foot and Ankle team.
Provides health care services to patients under the direction, supervision and responsibility of the orthopaedic physician.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Performs patient evaluation and work up, including but not limitedto; history and physical assessment, patient/family/caregiver education, routine laboratory, diagnostic, and physical therapy reports
· Interprets and integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan
· Collaborates with physicians on plan ofcare
· Maintains and reviews patient record and other pertinent information
· Institutes and executes protocols as specified by physician
· Administers all recognized first aid procedures in the event of an emergency
· Administers injections, aspirations, removal and placement of sutures/staples as necessary
· Performs and assists with reductions of fractures and dislocations as well as the removal or excision of superficial orthopaedic hardware
· Assists in surgery as directed by assigned surgeon
· Regular and predictable attendance
· Ability to work in a cooperative manner with others
· Performs other related duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Physician Assistant: Bachelor's degree required. Graduate of an accredited
Physician Assistant educational program recognized by the state committee of Physician Assistants and the Board of Medical Examiners. Successful completion of the examination of the National Board for Certification of Physician Assistants. * Nurse Practitioner: Master's Degree Required in Nursing. Must hold and maintain a current RN license in Tennessee. Must hold and maintain current National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner. Must be a Certified Surgical Nurse Practitioner.
Experience: Previous experience in minor medical care and emergency care is required.
Computer Skills: Must be computer literate. Intermediate computer skills are required.
Certifications & Licenses: Physician Assistant: Must hold and maintain a valid license issued by the National Board for Certification of Physician Assistants
Nurse Practitioner: Must hold and maintain a current RN license in Tennessee. Must hold and maintain current National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled