Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Norwich, Connecticut
LOOKING FOR: A self-driven, mid-level candidate with the
ability to obtain Secret clearance to join our AMERICAN
SYSTEMS Engineering Services team as an Electrical CAD
Designer/Drafter II in Norwich, CT.
As an Electrical CAD Designer/Drafter II you will:
* Provide support to mechanical/electrical engineers.
* Work in a dynamic environment with amazing learning
and growth potential.
* Learn the ins and outs of drafting and designing in
a professional environment.
* Obtain your secret clearance and work with
* Receive robust benefits package that includes
Employee Stock Ownership Plan! (ESOP)
* Be a part of an empowered accountability culture
where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in
the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of an Electrical CAD Designer/Drafter
* Preparing working plans and detailed drawings of
* Complete mechanical or electrical drawings of
moderately complex components and assemblies.
* Assembling notes and communicating with mechanical
and electrical engineering teams to complete rough
or detailed sketches for manufacturing purposes.
* Working with computerized equipment AutoCAD
* Making engineering computations and adjustments in
* Reviewing and checking dimensions of work, materials
and quantities used.
* Review and design electrical schematics for
Life at AMERICAN SYSTEMS:
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a
government services contractor focused on delivering
Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our
employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference,
implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and
focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we
deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine and
TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
* High School Diploma, GED or Technical school Degree
* Any type of CADD certification
* Ability to obtain a secret clearance
Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in:
* AutoCAD, Solidworks or any other comparable
* Working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
* Providing great customer service skills
* Will accept technical certification credit for
military experience, where possible