Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, Texas
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It s our passion.
Transports patients around PHHS by wheelchair or stretcher to ensure patient's safety.
- Prefer 6 months of experience in healthcare and/or customer service.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Must have current CPR-Heartsaver course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement from one of the following:
American Heart Association
American Red Cross Rescuer
Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must have very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to represent Parkland in a positive manner.
- Must exhibit caring, service-oriented behaviors toward people encountered and be able to defuse emotionally charged situations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgement toward satisfying a variety of questions and problems from patients and visitors.
- Must be able to follow both oral and written directions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, nurses, physicians and other hospital personnel.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must complete within 90 days of hire and/or placement a Preventative Back Injury & Proper Lift Technique class and demonstrate proficiency.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.