Posted in Other 3 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York, New York
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Licensing Manager, Toys & Hardlines. The Manager is responsible for the effective management and growth of Toys & Hardlines accounts as well as responsibilities encompassing business and creative management.
- Working closely with Senior Director, the right candidate will manage the day to day business of toys and hardlines licensees. Includes participation in concept reviews, product approvals, etc., as well as by working to understand licensees' business on an ongoing basis by requesting, collecting and analyzing line lists, sell-in & sell-thru data, retail updates, marketing & merchandising plans, etc. Also responsible for the communication of information to internal team members to keep them apprised of category findings, including competitive analyses.
- Investigate new opportunities outside of the master toy category in an effort to develop new revenue streams and maximize marketplace potential.
- Coordinate and attend business reviews, line reviews and product development meetings with licensees and creative resources on a regular basis.
- Coordinate and gather quarterly forecasts from licensees and assist in analyzing them to help effectively manage the budget.
- Acts as a point person between category heads and legal department on contract development, process organization and execution including deal memo preparation as requested.
- Assists in preparing and presenting decks and pitches at various internal and external meetings, trade shows, advertising, events and line reviews.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and marketing of quality product.
- Process product approval submissions and traffic forms to creative resources and business managers. Return all materials to licensees. Includes independent review & decision-making.
- Coordinate and attend line reviews and product development meetings with creative resources and licensees on a regular basis.
- Inventory creative assets currently with licensees and distribute creative assets as applicable and on an ongoing basis.
- Gather and maintain information for the creation of product development schedules including key milestones in process.
- Create and maintain product bibles for all licensees including line lists, product photos and catalogs.
- Supports Senior Director and Vice President by providing creative management tasks for additional key licensees.
- B.A/B.S College Degree preferred
- Toys / Hardlines and competitive character licensing management experience desired
- 5 years of work experience preferred
- Strong background with entertainment brand franchising
- Understanding of the components of commodity business based on sales and gross margin profitability as well as manufacturing process and development
- Proven ability to excel in an account management role
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Internet
- Jaguar is a plus
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Organizational and follow-through skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity