Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation's leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. As one of the 10 largest insurance brokerage firms in the U.S., Alliant operates through a national network of offices providing property and casualty, workers' compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to clients nationwide.
More information is available on the company's web site at:.
Responsible for providing customer service and supporting Producers by servicing existing accounts and soliciting new business. Independent responsibility for servicing and retention of assigned customers and policies in mid-market accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with client team to determine bid and renewal strategy for mid-market client accounts;
- Provides detailed plan design and cost information to service team;
- Works with client or prospective client to identify and evaluate the client's specific characteristics including; benefit needs, design, group demographics and employee census; may assist with benchmarking and trend analysis;
- Gathers information and provides analysis and recommendations to client's existing coverage;
- Requests census and RFQs from client, primarily for ancillary coverages;
- Processes RFQs received from clients;
- Prepares RFPs for client renewal or prospective groups, to include employee census, current/renewal plan design/rate information, and historical claims experience data;
- Collaborates with client team to select employee benefit markets for solicitation and negotiates with incumbent and bidding carriers for benefit and premium considerations;
- Analyzes market proposals for verification of benefits, premium, and competitiveness;
- Negotiates with incumbent and bidding carriers to ensure most competitive rates or products for clients and prospective clients;
- Serves as a technical expert, assisting other team members to resolve complex issues;
- Produces cost/benefit analysis for inclusion in proposal to be presented to clients;
- Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
- Other duties as assigned to support producer and service team.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
2 - 4 years related work experience
Valid insurance license
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Encouraged to complete Career Path requirements as communicated by supervisor
Good verbal and written communication skills
Good customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills
Good problem solving and time management skills
Intermediate typing skills (30-35 wpm)
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Ability to prioritize work for multiple projects and deadlines
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees' needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
For immediate consideration for this position, please click on the \\"Submit Resume\\" button.
Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you are applying for a job and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call our Career Center at 1-877-901-9473 and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.