Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, Texas
Sr ISO Market Analyst
Subject to DOT Regulations
Percent of Travel Required
Perform Daily comparison of Allegro transaction data to nMarket data, and update Allegro as necessary for control purposes. This also includes a volumetric reconciliation as meter data becomes available to prepare for invoice processing.
* Process ISO & Retail invoices timely to ensure settlement deadlines are met. Maintain an accurate forecast for A/R and A/P settlements, which includes providing any necessary support for cash management processes to ensure collections of revenue and/or ensuring payments were released timely.
* Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of calculations and components of ISO charge types. Stay abreast of anticipated and actual changes to charge type calculations as result of market corrections and redesigns.
* Be a recognized protocol expert for assigned ISO(s) for Calpine Energy Services, which requires participation on ISO market calls. Stay abreast of ISO current events that would have potential impact on future settlements, communicate those changes to other members of the ISO Business Team in a timely and effective manner.
* Identify potential dispute opportunities with assigned ISO(s) and work with other members of the Regional ISO Business Team to validate. Responsible for filing approved disputes with the ISO, and tracking the progress of filed disputes in a timely and effective manner.
* Responsible for preparing month end estimates and closing the books, including ensuring that volumes and values are accurately reflected in Allegro and PeopleSoft as well as proactive identification of any issues. Also responsible for various monthly analysis and reporting, including pulling support for Audit selections as requested by Deloitte and Internal Audit.
* Responsible for Estimate to Actual analysis using Estimate settlement data compared to ISO statements and providing detailed explanations for material PMA's. Ensure that the general ledger is properly stated.
* Responsible for monthly/quarterly/annual regulatory reporting (EIA, EQR) and Retail REC (renewable energy credits) settlements and tracking.
* Identify system issues and enhancement opportunities for nMarket and Allegro. Work with IT support team and ISO Manager to prioritize, and take lead role in testing those system upgrades and patches prior to moving into Production.
* Responsible for building and maintaining an effective working relationship with assigned ISO representative, as well as internal operational, and accounting personnel in order to proactively provide relevant information and resolve discrepancies timely and thoroughly.
* Responsible for assisting other team members as needed or as requested by Manager, including acting as a backup for other team members.
1. Strong analytical and computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook) are required.
2. BA in Accounting or related degree.
3. Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
4. Power industry experience is preferred. Expertise in ISO market(s) strongly desired.
5. Ability to comprehend process automation and integration as well as participate in and lead system design and implementation projects. nMarket, Allegro, and PeopleSoft experience is preferred, but not required.
6. Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to work independently on problems with moderate complexity as well as in a team environment to build consensus is critical. Must be able to work through issues with minimal guidance.
7. Ability to work in a fast-paced open environment, with significant deadlines. Must be able to work above and beyond normal business hours at various times during the year to meet monthly close, project, or job requirement deadlines.
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP