Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, Washington DC
US-VA-McLean | US-DC-Washington | US-VA-Reston
Engineering (non IT)
NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. NCI's AI solution, Shai(tm), scales humans with artificial intelligence by empowering the workforce to meet their mission by using best in class AI solutions coupled with our exceptional service offerings. Working with strategic partners, NCI is committed to bringing commercial innovation to missions of national importance. NCI is a mid-tier systems integrator headquartered in Reston, VA, and operates at locations across the globe.
NCI has been designated a 2020 Military Friendly Employer by MilitaryFriendly.com
NCI: As the Senior Information Assurance (CyberSecurity) Engineer you will support United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) as the lead innovator on the Revolutionary Information Technology Services (RITS) contract. The RITS contract provides modern and secure enterprise-wide IT support services to approximately 37,000 USACE customers located throughout the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS). RITS services will support the mission needs of USACE's Headquarters (HQs) located in Washington, D.C., nine Divisions, and 43 Districts, to include over 1,500 field and area project offices and two data centers that are currently located in Vicksburg, Mississippi, and Hillsboro, Oregon. As the EIM, you will play a key role in achieving RITS contract objectives of providing integrated, consumption based, IT support services for the USACE enterprise bolstering the end-user experience; leveraging technology and business processes to build synergies across the enterprise; developing and maintaining consistency in process and procedures; and increasing mission capabilities of USACE end users. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments
The Information Security Analyst SME is responsible for conducting and preparing operations and procedures manuals to assist USACE management of operating more secure, efficiently, and effectively.
- Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy. This is achieved through:
- Passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments.
- Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems.
- Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, DCID 6-3), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the system Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M).
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Conduct organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, and conduct work simplification and measurement studies.
- Support USACE to remain as leader in technology management and exceeding the expectations set forth by the Office of Management and Budget's (OMB's) annual Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) objectives.
- Clearance: Secret
- Education and years of experience: BA, 10 - 15 years of experience enterprise IT delivery or advanced education
- Information Assurance (IA) certification: IAM I, (Security+ required, CISSP desired.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of information assurance (Risk Management Framework) regulations, processes, and procedures
- Demonstrated experience with Security Test & Evaluation, Certification and Accreditation, Security Plans, and Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms)
- IA Certification: CISSP
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
- Travel by land or air transportation 10%
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.