Posted in Other 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hackensack, New Jersey
Laboratory Outreach Program
Hackensack University Med Cntr
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
Weekends as Needed
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
No Holidays Required
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Billing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the day to day billing operations of the Children's Cancer Institute service utilizing a centralized medical information system (EPIC). This individual will be responsible for pre-certification and verification of all patient insurance information.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
Manages weekly communications from Conifer coders and facilitates resolution.
- Enters physicians' inpatient and outpatient billing charges in EPIC and updates patient and family information on billing system as required by pediatric practices.
- Review and submit the encounters in the department's work queue on a daily basis for the Children's Cancer Institute
- Assists physician billing department with gathering various information needed for collection of bills such as patient information, doctor referral letters, and copying of medical records
- Educates and assists families with their individual insurance policies and procedures
- Pre-certifies all Bone Marrow Transplant admissions and verifies patients insurance.
- Review REQ and Rejection Reports responding appropriately for all practices noted above
- Schedules appointments, registers and admits patients onto EPIC when needed
- Process co-payments and transfers funds to Physician Billing Service according to policy
- Attend monthly front end meeting
- Establishes and maintains managed care health contracts for all physician entities including Medicare Part B, Medicaid, third party payors and managed care agreements.
- Follows up on all physician concerns regarding patient billing matters
- Interfaces with all third party payers on behalf of physician and hospital with respect to billing management and training
- Reviews all requests for account adjustments and write-offs.
- Assists with patients in obtaining outside financial assistance by facilitating access to financial sources
- Provides patients with support in accessing hospital business services
- Provides patients with assistance in contacting other providers regarding financial matters
- Provides administrative and billing backup as needed
- Lifts a minimum of _5__ lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of _10__ lbs. and stands a minimum of _1__ hours a day.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational & Managerial Competencies.
Essential Position Specific Functions:
- Responsible for authorization process and tracking patients during pre and post-transplant global period for Stem Cell Transplant and other practices as assigned.
- Processes payment for all invoices related to pediatric stem cell transplant patients.
- Review and submit the encounters on the Children's Cancer Institute work queue in Epic and other departments as assigned under the direction of Operations Manager
- Provide administrative support to the Children's Cancer Institute and other departments as assigned under the direction of Operations Manager.
- Provide financial and administrative backup to other departments as requested.
- Participates in continuing education.
Contacts: Regular contact with Medical Center personnel, patients and visitors.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more year's progressive experience in professional and technical billing and collections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Physical Billing Database experience, including electronic billing.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Four years college education in business or accounting.
- Types 60+ wpm
- Two year's administrative office experience, preferably hospital related
Required Certification/Licensing: Not applicable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.