Posted in Other 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenbelt, Maryland
- This position is located in Greenbelt, MD
- The core working hours are 7:00am - 4:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Valid Driver's License is Required (driving records will be checked as part of the background process)
- Starting pay is $16.31 per hour
- This position requires that the employee must successfully complete criminal background checks, drug screening, be able to obtain/maintain a government security clearance and DOT physical.
- Floor care experience is required
- Valid Drivers License is required (driving records will be checked as part of the background process)
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a Custodial Supervisor is Required
- Prior experience with individuals with differing abilities preferred
- Must be able to pass background checks, government security clearance, pass drug testing, and obtain a DOT physical.
- Sweeps and mops hallways, stairs and offices.
- Empties tenants' waste baskets and dispose the trash in prescribed manner.
- Dusts horizontal surfaces.
- Clean bathrooms.
- Waxes and buffs floors with prescribed buffers.
- Cleans glass and windows.
- Washes walls and other vertical surfaces.
- Performs snow removal if required by contract specifications.
- Polishes kick panels, door knobs and other designated fixtures.
- Strips and waxes floors.
- Vacuum rugs.
- Mixes cleaning solutions.
- Maintains issued equipment.
- Notifies supervisor when supplies and equipment are needed to perform tasks.
- Supervises activities of assigned workers on a temporary basis while performing own work.
- Assumes responsibility of crew during the absence of the foreman.
- Performs all other duties assigned by Custodial Foreman
- The incumbent is supervised by the Custodial Foreman.
- The incumbent must be able to stand or walk 90% of the work time; and sit 10%
- He/she must be able to lift/carry 50 pounds and push/pull 50 pounds in order to clean work areas and handle supplies and equipment
- He/she must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach
- These requirements are necessary for using ladders and stairs, cleaning low areas, high areas, benches and corners
- He/she must be able to communicate with supervisors and co workers
- Must have good vision, with depth perception and ability to distinguish colors for safety reasons
Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).