Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Job Summary: Designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements short- and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure. Designs and develops IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards.
- Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
- Performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications.
- Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings.
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
- Has both strategic and operational accountability for the direction and performance of the groups whom are being managed.
- Interacts with the most senior levels of the organization to develop and deliver that accountability.
- Contributes across the organization in working with most senior managers on broad strategic and operational issues.
- Provides full strategic and operational oversight of the function, staying abreast of and leveraging new methodologies to advance the business.
- Leads the development of the function ensuring sufficient resources and needed skill sets are present to meet the needs of RTI. Fully responsible for identifying and implementing improvements in work processes.
- Manages staff through performance planning, development and evaluation process. Ensures staff development and career progression. Ensures practices in place to ensure/drive towards a high level of staff morale and retention. Guides promotion and succession processes.
- As a scientific/technical manager, may write and review proposals or portions of proposals. Mentors staff in same. Participates in business development activities including meetings with prospective clients. Identifies strategic opportunities for function and works with business development to market these opportunities.
- As a scientific/technical manager, may lead or support appropriate part of complex projects; mentors staff in project leadership.
- Oversees the development, maintenance and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Ensures the professional credibility of the group function both internally and externally with key professional organizations. Helps to develop the scientific and/or professional stature of staff.
- Bachelor's Degree and 15 years of experience, Master's degree and 12 years of experience, PhD and 8 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available- https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf