Posted in Other 3 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kapolei, Hawaii
Works under general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor from written/verbal orders following specific policies/procedures/methods performing intermediary complex/difficult tasks in the installation, maintenance, repair, construction of machinery, equipment, structures for the process of making SNG and or by-products.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists the Journey Instrument Worker in the less diverse/complex/difficult work in the installation, alternation, adjustment, maintenance of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic instruments, alarms, timers, regulators, gauges used in the production, control, testing of SNG.
- Assists in the making of/working from field sketches, blueprints, plans by reading/interpreting manufacturers' repair/maintenance manual and for the installation of instruments.
- Performs brazing, soldering and/or uses tools specifically designed to install, repair test instruments.
- Diagnoses, disassembles, replaces, repairs defective instruments; fabricates parts with hand/machinery tools, reassembles and tests the proper working order to meet manufacturer's/plant standards.
- Tests safety/control devices which control flames, fuel and air to boiler furnaces.
- Tests electrical wiring in/on instrument panel with test devises/tools, i.e., watt-meter, voltmeter, amp meter, Lupe check calibrator.
- Assists in repairs of delicate apparatuses, meters, thermostats, relays, electronic devices.
- Writes preventative maintenance actions taken in logs/reports/PC terminals according to direction/questions in software and implements all preventative maintenance actions to such schedules.
- Maintains the work area, equipment and all control devices in a clean, orderly condition and/or directs lesser grades to perform housekeeping duties and performs same in his/her area.
- Directs/supervises all personnel in job sites/work areas/project areas to assure proper safety signs/warning devices are working correctly and/or in place according to safety rules/standards and all personnel use/wear prescribed safety equipment/clothing as required/directed.
- Drives assigned vehicles as direct and qualified.
- Consistently supports compliance with the organization's code of conduct by maintaining confidentiality of information, protecting organizational assets, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to the applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, licenser requirements (if applicable) and organizational policies and procedures.
- Consistently supports a culture of safety to ensure protection of our people, the community and the environment. Complies with all safety rules and procedures and reports all unsafe acts and conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED.
- High school graduate with trade school experience. Completion of apprenticeship program desired.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least three years of successful and progressive experience in instrument repair work.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and lay out work.
- Qualified in all phases of the work described.
- Possesses a very good knowledge of all pertinent codes, regulations, standards, and safety rules in addition to the standard practices, processes, methods, tools, and materials of the trade.
- Very proficient in the proper use of the tools and equipment of the trade and have a good safety record; ability to use computer.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veteran/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment.