Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hackensack, New Jersey
Registered Nurse-Internal Medicine
HMHG IM Gerard Faugno MD
HMH Physician Services, Inc.
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
Weekends as Needed
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
No Holidays Required
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a RN at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
Demonstrates familiarity with the shared governance model and the blue print for professional nursing.
2. Consistently and independently prioritizes and delivers dependable and effective patient centered care in a variety of patient situations, from common to complex utilizing the nursing process.
3. Performs ongoing assessment by demonstrating refined assessment skills, integrating appropriate data sources.
4. Plans individualized patient care based on assessment and implements plan to meet immediate needs in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
5. Evaluates patient's response to interventions and adjust the plan of care accordingly.
6. Accurately documents the components of the nursing process per HUMC policy in a timely manner.
7. Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively by identifying barriers to communication and seeks assistance in facilitating communication.
8. Identifies ethical issues in the practice setting and brings them to the attention of other team members.
9. Utilizes clinical policy/procedures as well as other practice references on HUMC intranet as resource to deliver proper patient care and achieve desired outcomes.
10. Discusses care as it relates to evidence-based practice.
11. Recognizes and responds to opportunities to promote and market HUMC.
12. Recognizes and responds to opportunities to enhance patient satisfaction.
13. Adheres to American Nurses Association Code for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
14. Identifies the needs of patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e. age, culture, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
15. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
16. Solicits and offers feedback on patient concerns and practice setting issues.
17. Demonstrates a developing leadership role by accepting the role of charge nurse.
18. Actively participates in practice setting management including but not limited to performance improvement, projects and committee participation.
19. Demonstrates ability to identify conflicts and resolve them with assistance.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: 1. Graduate of a NLN/AACN accredited program in nursing. 2. BSN; or minimum of 1 year experience for existing, internal RN candidates only. 3. Minimum of 1 year prior nursing experience. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred: Licenses and Certifications Required: 1. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification. 2. NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.