Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: key West, Florida
Outlet 2 Bartender
Food and Beverage
HGI Key West
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Hilton Garden Inn Key West / The Keys Collection is a brand new hotel that debuted in Key West, the southernmost city in the continental USA, in April 2016. This upscale hotel is set at the entry point of Key West on North Roosevelt Boulevard and is convenient to the island's best attractions such as Old Town, Mallory Square, Smathers Beach and the Hemingway House. The hotel is also close to Duval Street, the center of the action, where Key West's best restaurants, bars, nightlife and shopping reside. Boasting 141 brand new guest rooms, the hotel's facilities include a restaurant, indoor and outdoor bars, pool and Concierge desk, plus an abundance of complimentary amenities.
The Bartender is responsible for the complete set up of the bar area and the mixing of drinks for all guests and servers. Need to maintain the service and cleanliness of the bar area, ensuring quality service, guest satisfaction and control over liquor inventory.
Process guests' checks, collect cash and process credit cards and room charges according to standards.
- Perform opening and closing side work according to standards to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Prepare beverages and cocktails according to the standards, for mixing, portion control and presentation.
- Serve guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm, friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Ensure the lounge areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Be familiar with the computer system.
- Carry out cashiering functions by closing checks and servicing the guest.
- Follow all state liquor laws.
- Assist in maintaining beverage cost.
- Follow prescribed procedures in serving liquor with care to avoid problems with intoxicated guests, and when necessary report to management.
- Complete beverage requisitions to maintain par levels as needed. (bottle for bottle method)
- Stock and clean glassware.
- Check soda tanks to ensure that they are full and secured properly to the bar.
- Prepare all garnishes.
- Assist in cleaning of tables and all lounge area as needed.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to local state laws.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand for the entire shift.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.