Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Independence, Missouri
If you want to work where the action is, Truman Medical Centers/University Health (TMC/UH) is the place for you. Known as 'Kansas City's Essential Hospital,' TMC/UH is the safety net healthcare system for Jackson County/Kansas City. We are an academic medical center, serving as the primary teaching institution for the UMKC Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, and Pharmacy. A 547-bed, not-for-profit health system, TMC/UH delivers the highest-quality medical care for our patients, with compassion, empathy, and unparalleled dedication to service. During the 2020 pandemic, we also stepped forward as a regional leader in COVID care and testing. TMC/UH is comprised of three campuses:
TMC/UH Heath Sciences District is located in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. The Health Sciences District represents a robust academic community, leading the forefront of biomedical research and cutting edge technology. Partnered with UMKC and Children's Mercy Hospital, Truman Medical Centers serves as the cornerstone in educating the next generation of healthcare practitioners. As a Level 1 Trauma Center, we're a leader in Emergency Medicine and Critical Care, with world-class expertise in chronic disease management and women's services, including high-risk maternity care. The Health Sciences District is also home to the University Health building , TMC's beautiful specialty outpatient clinics and day-surgery center. We will soon open University Health 2, which will house all of our primary care and women's care clinics.
TMC/UH Lakewood is located between Kansas City and Lee's Summit, Missouri, offering residents of Eastern Jackson County access to a modern community hospital with a continuum of outpatient services designed to meet the needs of families. TMC/UH Lakewood specializes in high-risk maternal and child care, and serves as one of the few Kansas City metro area institutions accredited by The Joint Commission in Orthopedics and Palliative Care. It also is home to a 188-bed, fully accredited long-term care center.
TMC/UH Behavioral Health is the KC metro area's largest, most comprehensive provider of mental health services. The Healing Canvas Building, located in Kansas City's vibrant Crossroads Arts District, is its epicenter, providing a broad list of outpatient services. We also offer psychiatric inpatient care, and we deliver therapeutic services through our community outreach clinics. We are a leader in the Trauma-Informed Care Movement, and provide training, coaching and consulting to outside organizations.
The Jackson County Health Department is hiring, training, and supervising a team of disease investigators in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This team is critical in minimizing disease transmission and slowing outbreak progression in the community. The Disease Investigator will be assigned to either a case investigation team or contact tracing team.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in public health, nursing, epidemiology, or other closely related field
- Demonstrates computer use ability in word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Demonstrates ability to organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow up on assignments with a minimal amount of direction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to verbally communicate and convey information in a professional and clear manner; ability to establish and maintain a positive rapport with customers and staff and provide superior customer service; ability to listen effectively and respond accordingly; considerable ability to be tactful and courteous
- Demonstrates proper business English (including spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and word usage)
- Sound judgment when approaching problems, initiative in solving problems, and attention to detail
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in public health, nursing, epidemiology, or other closely related field
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish
Independence, Missouri, United States
Truman Medical Centers is committed to being a leader in providing culturally inclusive health care services for patients in ways that are effective, fair, respectful, and culturally competent and in providing a culturally inclusive workplace for employees. We value and celebrate our differences, which include, but are not limited to, race, ethnicity, language, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, literacy, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, mobility, abilities, and belief systems.