Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Orangeburg, New York
Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer, and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning, and disinfection products.
We're currently looking for an Assistant Category Marketing Manager, Household in our Orangeburg, NY location.
The Assistant Manager of Marketing and Category Management, Household is a member of the dynamic Household Wipe Business team. The team's responsibility is to lead the sales, profit, and share growth of the Nice Pak category through a combination of private label and company brand initiatives. This involves general management responsibilities including strategy, analytics, financials and bids, new product development, project management, retailer support and collaboration, market research, consumer insights, package design, and claims. The Assistant Manager's responsibility is to support the team's objectives and deliverables. The manager will have day-to-day responsibility for several initiatives on the Household Wipe Business for several major retail customers as well as company brand development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Participate in overarching category initiatives and assist on the day-to-day business, owning the responsibility for key initiatives, assigned accounts, and select product lines
- Coordinate with internal departments to meet deliverables for the sales force, our customers, and Nice Pak
- Report on category performance and identify opportunities to improve sales, profitability, and share
- Leverage consumer insights, market analysis, sales data, and customer feedback to develop category strategies and the new product development pipeline
- Conduct the situation analysis that forms the basis for the strategic planning for the category that delivers long term category top-line and bottom-line growth
- Recommend new items or programs and the financial impact for Nice Pak and retailers
- Project manager lead on projects including but not limited to: private label retailer transitions or new items or programs and a Nice Pak brand upgrade
- Work closely with internal departments including Finance, R&D, Procurement, Operations and Graphics to launch customer programs and/or new products
- Category competitive tracking and resulting recommendations
- Assist in the development of key sales account presentations
- Meets category sales and margin budget for the year
- Grows customer business and share
- Supports the dramatic increase of branded business across Nice ‘N Clean and Grime Boss
- Wins new profitable business where appropriate
- Works independently, proactively, and efficiently to deal effectively with the internal and external demands of a large, dynamic category
- Effectively builds and leads project-specific cross-functional teams
- Demonstrates NP behavioral skills: leadership, communication, teamwork, customer-focus, results-driven, and accountability
- Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred
- Marketing and business management experience in consumer product space (brands and private label /store brands combination preferred)
- Financial acumen including experience with P&Ls
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Project management/coordination experience
- New item/new product development
- Consumer research including quantitative and qualitative
- Experience within a matrix organizational structure
- 2-5 years of experience in an established CPG organization and/or private label.
- Independent contributor with a hands-on style, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Avid learner and self-starter, demonstrating curiosity about the business
- Manage cross-functional teams to bring products to market
- Experience working on/growing a consumer brand
- U.S. retailer experience in consumer-packaged goods (marketing, sales, product development)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working in a relatively flat, matrixed organization
- Competence with Microsoft Office, IRI, or Nielsen database
- Demonstrates Nice Pak behavioral skills: leadership, communication, teamwork, customer-focus, results-driven, and accountability
- Travel 5%, may include overnight
- Corporate environment
Visit us at
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).