Posted in Compliance 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Durham, North Carolina
The Regulatory Compliance Specialist is responsible for all aspects of industrial security to ensure compliance with federal security requirements and provides support for other compliance functions, as needed.
- Implements and administers a strong security program to ensure the security of staff sensitive information, company proprietary information, and client/ government information.
- Initiates and processes security application requests for new hire personnel and staff requiring renewal investigations.
- Provides required forms to applicants.
- Provides security guidance, consultation, facilitation, and leadership in all security related functions pertaining to personnel security.
- Reviews completed forms for adequacy and completeness prior to sending to the government client.
- Manages and maintains electronic personnel clearance forms retained by the Industrial Security Office for the purpose of investigation.
- Creates and updates records in the RTI security clearance database and accurately tracks the clearance process.
- Handles requests made by the government client, management, and the project staff regarding clearance issues.
- Performs office administrative functions such as preparing security forms for mailing to the government, telephone support to assist with applicants' questions, fingerprint appointment scheduling and electronic form filing.
- Reviews Public Health System and other federal agency projects subject to Financial Conflicts of Interest Disclosure requirements, makes and records determinations regarding personal financial conflicts of interest reports, and elevates potential conflicts as appropriate.
- Provides support for International Trade Compliance by approving export and import shipments processed via Logistics Office.
- Manages and maintains RTI's foreign visitor registration process and database.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of related experience in areas such as government compliance, security administration, industrial trade compliance, or paralegal work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- US citizenship required.
- Contingent upon ability to successfully obtain and maintain a Tier 2 security clearance.
- Familiarity with NISPOM and previous experience ensuring compliance with its standards.
- Facility Security Officer certification and/or experience.
- Familiarity with international trade compliance regulations, including ITAR, EAR, and OFAC.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle large volumes of forms processing.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available- https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf