Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Motorola Mobility Financial Cost Intern
- Job ID #:84924
- Functional Area:University
- Facility:Corporate Office
- Relocation Provided:No
- Education Required:Bachelors Degree
- Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
- Travel Percent:0.00
At Lenovo, we are community of innovative thinkers, risk-takers, and people who challenge the status quo. We are one of Interbrand's 100 BEST global brands, BCG's 50 most innovative companies, and #224 in the Fortune 500 list. We are looking for passionate and driven students who are willing to learn and want to make an impact in a fast-paced global technology environment. Help us define our world of tomorrow.
About Our Team
Our team is part of the Global Finance organization for Motorola Mobility, the Mobile Business division of Lenovo. This role is based in Chicago, IL, in the iconic Merchandise Mart at the heart of the city! The PCMI Finance team works together to support Motorola's leadership team in driving business decisions through the management and reporting of the Product Costs for the existing and the future portfolio.
With team members and cross-functional teams located in our Chicago office and other countries, our team performs cost analysis of the products by looking at all variables within our business, such as manufacturing sites and country-specific cost adders, from logistics expenses, component specifications to detailed customer requirements.
What You Will Do
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop your knowledge about how to analyze and understand the cost details behind a Bill of Materials (BOM) for the Motorola products as well as their different design models, including other Supply Chain elements, such as manufacturing details. You will work closely with engineering teams to convert these technical details into numbers.
Scope of Responsibilities:
* Collaborate with Procurement and Research & Development teams on Direct Material cost analysis to identify cost savings opportunities
* Financial analysis of generation-over-generation and side-by-side comparisons to clarify cost variances from one product to another
* Support Go-To-Market Finance teams with cost information to help better Sales forecast
* Support and co-work with Supply Chain Finance to drive cost improvements
* Candidates pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or Business Management
* Advanced Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets user skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong knowledge or interest in the wireless/smartphone industry
* Excellent Communication skills
* Fascination or interest in working in a global role with different cultures and locations
Some of the benefits of interning at Lenovo include competitive compensation, enrichment and development programs, and access to a global network of peers and mentors.
Aren't ready to apply or have additional questions? Feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. .