Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Suwanee, Georgia
The buyer-planner is responsible for managing a set of commodities to meet business objectives using world-class supply chain management principles and practices. Their business objectives include optimizing inventory, customer & supplier on-time delivery performance, material quality, material productivity and customer satisfaction.
Role and Responsibilities
1. Exemplifies and promotes the ethical conduct of the purchasing function in all relationships with in-plant personnel and outside vendor contracts. Maintains compliance with corporate policies, domestic and international trading laws, and other established legal and procedural guidelines.
2. Analyzes evaluates and schedule materials available to meet customer demand. Identifies values enhancement and cost savings opportunities to plant processes and purchased materials. Recommend actions required to ensure operational effectiveness.
3. Selects and implements optimal lean manufacturing supply chain solutions including using the best possible tools, such as E-commerce, MRP, Kanban, Min/max, SOMI, VMI, and third-party warehousing.
4. Utilizes information provided by business systems daily to balance demand and supply of all assigned items, taking into account both assets investment and responsibilities to change.
5. Collaborates with internal and external customers to negotiate and resolve scheduling conflicts, inventory levels, material shortages, other material issues, ect.
6. Initiates new sources for materials along with Global Sourcing. Gathers and monitors relevant data elements regarding supplier performance to improve lead-time, purchase price, quality, transportation costs, and on-time delivery and initiate and implement corrective actions.
7. Maintains relevant system data elements including lead-time, order policy, safety stock and all order modifiers. Handles responsibility for all facets of inventory control including identification and processing of obsolete, inactive and excess material. Resolves disposition of rejected material within set time period. Coordinates implementation of engineering hinge orders and pre-releases to achieve phase in/out of material to support operations as well as ensure on-time delivery, inventory objectives and cost-effectiveness.
8. Resolves invoice discrepancies.
9. Scope: $10-50m material flow
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Required Level:Associates Degree
- Preferred level: Bachelors Degree
- 1-3 years of experienceAdditional Skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers required.
- Must have knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.