Posted in Other 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hawarden, Iowa
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh® pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. This ensures the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.
We are looking for individuals who are skilled in our business's core competencies of communicates effectively, ensures accountability, instills trust, drives results and action oriented to join our team.
Attend and care to swine and assists in supervising employees on the sow farm under direction of the manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are being followed and facilities are in good working condition.
- Maintain high herd health and adhere to all biosecurity set forth by the company and proper feeding and care of animals.
- Training of employees on day-to-day processes and procedures to develop a competent workforce by utilizing hands-on training methods.
- Supervising and scheduling groups of employees and acting as manager when the supervisor is not present
- Maintain accurate records and reports of animals, employees, and supplies on the farm.
- Assist and ensure that all weekly and daily reports are turned in timely and accurately.
- Adhere to all safety procedures.
- Follow the assigned medication and vaccination protocols for the farm.
- Maintain the alarm system and all emergency systems and answer alarm calls properly
Builds effective teams
Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Associate degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be proficient in English language, reading and writing
Seaboard Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.