Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Sr. Strategic Account Manager focused on Abbott
What we do:
We're the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you'll do:
In this role, you will support a single strategic account, Abbott. We are specifically looking for Global Account Managers, Strategic Account Executives, Life Sciences Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Consultants, and/or Business Development candidates. You will align internal resources and partners to sell and support SAS services and solutions and focus on growing revenue at Abbott.
Location: Chicago area - client is located in Abbott Park, IL. The hiring team is open to remote possibilities for those who have great realationships and have successfully sold into Abbott.
Position and leverage sales and business development opportunities to grow and retain dedicated, strategic internal customers at all levels within Abbott's organization.
- Understand complex business needs of Abbott and qualify types and levels of opportunities in or out accordingly.
- Implement aspects of strategic account management and development.
- Work closely with SAS management and executive teams.
- Create, negotiate and finalize contracts with cross-functional teams.
- Manage customer satisfaction levels and coordinate/delegate value-adding activities.
- Develop a working understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Collaborate with EMEA and AP Account Executives to successfully secure additional global business opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of eight years of experience within the Life Sciences vertical.
- Proven success building a book of business and client references through consulting engagements and business development efforts.
- Ability to successfully manage a global Life Sciences account.
- Ability to be at customer's site(s) 2-3 out of 5 days of the week building rapport and working directly with Abbott to solve their complex business problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Science or related field.
- Ability to travel 50% or as business needs require domestically and occasionally internationally.
- Knowledge and fluency of the Life Sciences vertical to evaluate territory and to develop and implement a successful sales plan.
- Knowledge of analytics and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Knowledge of Abbott, Life Sciences industry technology, terminology, concepts and challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to initiate, lead and/or delegate projects.
- Ability to relate technical and business needs of Abbott to SAS solutions.
- Experience engaging with multiple divisions and Executives within Abbott.
- Thorough understanding of how analytics solutions can bring value and solve business problems facing Life Sciences accounts.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
- We're the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn't about fitting into our culture, it's about adding to it - and we can't wait to see what you'll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.