Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Booth Career Services and Corporate Relations
About the Department
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/.
Leads and manages a highly collaborative, fast paced, high performing and agile global team to build and maintain corporate relationships for all Chicago Booth student populations-full-time, evening, weekend, executive- and alumni. Expected to be a hands-on leader, the successful candidate will be willing to take part in all aspects of corporate relationship planning and event implementation in order to gain a better understanding of the Booth and Career Services mission, philosophy, and approach. Oversees enhancement and building of Chicago Booth brand with employers and leverages relationships in order to grow the global corporate footprint.
- Leads and manages 6 members of the Employer Relations team responsible for maintaining and growing existing relationships with employers and forging new employer relationships for all Chicago Booth student populations and alumni.
- Represents Chicago Booth Employer Relations through formal presentations, Q&A sessions, panels, and employer, student, and alumni-facing programs.
- Participates in Career Services team leadership. Works closely with Senior Director, Career Management and Senior Director, Career Services Operations to support career education programming and ensure smooth operation of campus recruiting and specialized search programs.
- Collaborates with Global Career & Leadership Development team, including staff members based in Hong Kong and London to ensure employer coverage and support for students seeking roles outside of the US and experienced students and alumni seeking senior level roles
- Guides the strategic direction of the team to determine industry and firm focus of employer relations efforts. Analyzes markets and trends as they relate to the MBA job search. Focuses on strategic analysis of which new employer relationships should be forged and then advises and leads team in how to best execute those plans.
- Develops and oversees strategy of campus recruiting and specialized search relationships to best meet needs of students and employers.
- Conceptualizes, innovates/develops, delivers, and evaluates events and programming for students, alumni, and employers to enhance and build both the Booth Brand and the corporate strategy.
- Solicits and analyzes student, alumni, and employer feedback and evaluations and strategizes within Career Services and other Booth offices to determine program offerings and innovations.
- Spearheads marketing the corporate strategy for employer outreach to internal(admissions, corporate relations, and alumni development) and corporate contacts. Including student communication channels, work with student groups, broadcasting messages, and participation in career management and educational programming.
- Partners with Chicago Booth and University of Chicago Corporate Relations, with a focus on firm-wide engagement, to develop comprehensive engagement strategies, in order to generate leads and allocate opportunities to the appropriate team.
- Leads cooperation with other Booth offices including Student Programs and Events, Alumni/Development, all Admissions Offices, Faculty Centers.
- Meets with current and prospective employers to discuss talent sourcing and recruiting strategies and hiring needs.
- Partners with industry, regional, and/or functional student and alumni groups to assist in employer outreach targets.
- Manages Employer Relations annual budget, reporting, and develops key success measures.
- Provides professional mentoring and program guidance to junior staff.
- Oversees the design and execution of activities and processes that connect students and recent alumni with job, internship, and other networking opportunities.
- Travels 25-30% of time for team engagement and domestic/international company meetings.
- Willing to work non-traditional hours, including early morning, evening and weekends during peak times.
- Manages managers and professional staff within the Employer Employer Relations team. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources and assesses policies for direct subordinates.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Education:Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
Work Experience:Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 7+ years of work experience in a related job discipline.
- MBA or Master's degree in business or related field.
- A minimum five years of experience in career services or a relevant business environment.
- Minimum ten years corporate or related work experience.
- A minimum three years of experience in directly managing staff.
- Demonstrated aptitude and passion for leading and managing a diverse team.
- Experience with global and remote teams and an understanding of global cultures.
- Experience with, knowledge of, or demonstrated interest in business careers.
- An understanding and appreciation of a competitive MBA landscape and the needs and concerns of a diverse MBA student and alumni body.
- Poise, polish, and confidence. Must be very comfortable meeting with all levels within an organization, from junior recruiters/assistants to CEOs.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. Must be able to command/earn attention in a small meeting or a large presentation.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Multitask, meet deadlines, and work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in using social media, on-line resources, spreadsheet, presentation software, anda willingness and enthusiasm to learn internal systems.
- Deep commitment to customer service.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.