Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Holland, Michigan
Description About this Opportunity
As an Associate Product Manager, you'll assist with a specified product line(s) by developing, implementing, and managing product management activities to provide optimum sales and profits. You will compile and evaluate research on assigned product line(s) to establish management strategies. You'll also assist with product direction, pricing, profit plans, and product development to manage the product line(s) life cycle.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Define market opportunities, determined by an analytical assessment. You will translate the market need into a product specific criteria and support the product development and commercialization process with various product management tactics.
- Provide market-driven input to individual product plans and strategy.
- Regularly monitor and analyze data pertaining to product or category metrics, programs, and competitive markets to provide insights, observations, and recommendations to obtain goals.
- Develop necessary analysis globally and implement pricing, including regional pricing and currency calculations, and complete required workflows.
- Assist and provide backup to Product Managers with the preparation of product training presentations and other various internal presentation opportunities.
- Field general questions including competitive inquiries and make decisions or recommendations to resolve.
- Participate in and support new product launch deliverables and contribute to CP, BP, MLP, etc NPC milestones.
- Provide direction and recommendations in support of data management system functionality and usage.
- Create necessary product sales support and training information, including product feature summaries, competitive evaluations, and pricing comparisons.
- Help resolve quality issues and drive changes that affect P&L.
- Participate in user/customer observation and take an active role in leading some efforts.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or Interior Design (preferred).
- A fundamental understanding of product management best practices and processes, typically gained through three to five years of experience in product management, product marketing, or related experience.
- Contract furniture or capital goods marketing experience (preferred).
- A strong sense of the customer and sales process with customer and field interaction.
- An understanding of operations, production, supply management, and the full value stream.
- An understanding of Herman Miller's channels, including dealer and/or retail, and their main functions (sales, design, and operations).
- Experience working in cross-functional team environments.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to investigate and analyze information to make recommendations.
- The flexibility to adapt to changes in business, corporate, or project strategy.
- Demonstrated leadership potential and market research experience (preferred).
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- The ability to develop project plans and manage activities for a medium or large cross-functional project.
- Solid understanding of business and financial acumen to foresee marketing levels that affect Herman Miller's financial performance.
- An understanding of how product management impacts the financial positioning of the product line.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools in the Herman Miller office environment.
- A willingness to travel to customer sites.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Holland