Posted in Other 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Plainfield, New Jersey
Director of Nursing, Cedar Brook
Administration for Cedarbrook
Hartwyck Res Care Inc-Cdr Brk
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
Weekends as Needed
On Call Work
On-Call Commitment Required
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Director of Nursing works with the Administrator and Chief Clinical Officer to develop and maintain standards of medical and nursing services and its documentation according to the general administrative policies for Residential Care and the Code of the Department of Health. Achieving objectives according to policies and in compliance with the federal, state and local Departments of Health by directing the administration of nursing services to the residents
Plans, organizes and directs effective administration of nursing units.
- Supervises members of staff and collaborates with them to carry out the tasks and duties commensurate with good nursing policies and procedures.
- Delegates to members of staff specific responsibilities for efficient execution of these tasks and duties.
- Develops and maintains philosophy, nursing service objectives, nursing procedures and policies that enhance high standards of geriatric nursing practice.
- Establishes standards and work procedures for the nursing staff in accordance with the established policies.
- Develops and maintains objectives, standards, policies and procedures pertaining to the medical and nursing care of the resident and documentation of same in his/her medical record.
- Shares 24-hour accountability for meeting standards of care. Assures that documentation by staff is in accordance with policy and procedures. Recommends to administration the number and levels of nursing personnel to be employed.
- Plans, develops, organizes and implements departmental goals and objectives. Conducts staff meetings and meets with members of other departments to coordinate activities with those of other departments.
- Analyze Quality Indicator reports, identifies concerns and implements corrective action to improve resident care. Insures all code and regulatory requirements are met.
- Conducts nursing audits and analyzes nursing and ancillary services to improve the quality of resident care and to obtain maximum utilization of staff time and abilities
- Participates in the selection, development and termination of employment of professional and non-professional staff in the Nursing Department.
- Assess and plan for educational needs of staff in conjunction with Staff Development Coordinator.
- Promotes the professional growth and development of all staff. Contributes to developing a sense of cohesiveness among the staff.
- Sensitive to the individual needs of residents, families and employees.
- Communicates information effectively, both verbally and in writing, in a timely, clear, and concise manner.
- Plans for safe, efficient and therapeutic nursing care.
- Monitors infection control for compliance within the facility.
- Serves as a role model/mentor through practice and behavior and participated in informal and formal training of staff.
- Seeks opportunities to develop and organize community education programs regarding special projects, working with Community Relations, as needed to develop marketing programs.
- Participates with Medical Center committees and public programs as requested
- Plans, submits and reviews financial data for budget support for operations, revenue and expenses of special projects. Where appropriate presents clearly documented variance.
- Functions as acting Administrator in absence of Administrator and Assistant Administrator
- Knowledge of Long Term Care Regulations needed
- Licensed as a nursing professional in the state of NJ
- BS and Master Degree in Nursing preferred
- Five years Nursing experience in administrative and or supervisory capacity
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.