Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Westfield Center, Ohio
LOCATION: Westfield Center, OH
SALARY RANGE: $49,524.00-$64,380.00
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer's future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
Financial Systems Specialist Job Summary
Working independently under direct supervision, the Financial Systems Specialist assists in implementing and maintaining the PeopleSoft financial system and other related financial systems, overseeing system enhancements and ensuring that all processes are completed effectively and efficiently. The Financial Systems Specialist is a primary contact for system issues and problems and serves as a liaison between the business and the technical team. This role works closely with the technical team to ensure enhancements satisfy business requirements, conducts testing with successful migration through all environments, and develops and delivers end-user training. Through research, industry events and networking, the Financial Systems Specialist remains current on the latest technology, trends and new functionality in future system releases to implement and maintain the PeopleSoft financial system and other related financial systems.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Working under direct supervision, assists with the implementation and maintenance of PeopleSoft accounting/financial systems, including data, data infrastructure, system integrity, control data, reports and reporting infrastructure by providing analysis, setup, and testing of programs to ensure accurate financial results and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting Principles.
2. Serves as a liaison between the customer and the technical team. Provides financial systems functional and technical assistance and support for departments including security changes and end-user support.
3. Acts as a primary security administrator on all banking and financial systems, maintaining proper documentation on all systems and security requests.
4. Works with internal technical resources and business users to ensure all business needs are identified and documented in business requirements to facilitate the preparation of technical requirements documentation.
5. Develops, documents, and performs system testing focusing on issue resolution and system integrity.
6. Performs all system administration for assigned business application including security administration, configuration management, system monitoring, and appropriate documentation of all activities.
7. Reviews and assists with the implementation of new financial system releases, upgrades, fixes and enhancements for assigned applications with close leader supervision.
8. May act as the functional lead on a module or system with close leader supervision.
9. Assists with financial system security audits.
10. Assists with required banking security audits.
11. Participates on project teams representing the financial systems perspective, acting as a subject matter expert.
12. Maintains awareness and increases knowledge through research or other methods, of new functionality available in future systems releases to develop new policies, processes and procedures.
13. Creates and maintains system documentation, user manuals and training documents of low complexity.
14. Assists in the development of new functional processes and procedures for end users.
15. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 1+ years of experience in Accounting, Information Systems, or related field.
2. 1+ years of experience using PeopleSoft or similar applications.
3. Knowledge of web-based technology and relational databases.
4. Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing work assignments to ensure deadlines are met.
5. Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office or transferable software package.
6. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels within the company.
7. Associate's degree in Accounting, Information Systems, or related field OR commensurate experience.
8. Valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40 hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, email, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com. #LI-PB1
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.