Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Seattle, Washington
Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children's -- to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families' ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho - the largest region of any children's hospital in the country.
In 2019, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children's among the nation's best children's hospitals - for the 27th year in a row. We received national rankings in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report, and are honored to be the only pediatric medical center in Washington to be ranked.
As a Magnet designated institution, and classified among America's best large employers by Forbes, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it's delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring manner, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety, or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community. The future starts here.
Can be hired as a .6 FTE or Per Diem
Provides mental health services to children, adolescents, and families with serious developmental, emotional, and behavioral problems in a manner which is cost effective and results in improvements in the child and family's functioning in multiple life domains.. The Mental Health Therapist Associate also functions as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team providing mental health services. Under the supervision of an attending Psychologist or Psychiatrist, the Mental Health Therapist Assistant is responsible for the assessment of children, adolescents and families with serious developmental, emotional and behavioral problems, as well as the implementation of treatment plans and evaluating of the need for ongoing mental health services. As per state licensing requirements, the Mental Health Therapist Associate will function under the requirements of the Associate License.
- Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or related field.
- Minimum of practicum experiences during training focused on the assessment and treatment of children, adolescents and families with serious developmental, emotional and behavioral problems.
- Actively working to obtain 3000 hours of supervised experience toward independent licensure in the State of Washington.
This job requires 1 of 4 current licenses:
- Licensed in Washington State as a Mental Health Counselor Associate
- Licensed in Washington State as a Marriage and Family Therapist Associate
- Licensed in Washington State as an Independent Clinical Social Work Associate
- Social Worker Associate Advanced License (SA)
- Minority Mental Health Specialist designation.
- Experience with multi-system involved children with severe behavioral problems and/or developmental disabilities.
- Experience with the King County MHP and Washington State Mental Health WACs.
- Experience providing comprehensive intake evaluations with multi-axial diagnoses.
- Experience with evidence based practice.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children's are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.
- Area of Interest: Social Work/Behavioral Health;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 0.6 FTE (48 hours per bi-weekly pay periods);
- Work Status: Regular;
- Department: Psychiatric Unit;
- Shift: Day Shift;
- Job ID: 36537;.