Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, Washington DC
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS EMPLOYEE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY THROUGH YOUR WORKDAY ACCOUNT.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
We are looking for creative people-oriented technical professionals who are passionate and results driven. The ideal candidate has the following skills and capabilities:
* Proven end-to-end technical expertise in wireless communications (i.e. from mobile device through to core infrastructure) and demonstrated client facing ability
* Experience with Motorola Solutions portfolio including ASTRO 25, WAVE/Team Communications
* Strong general knowledge of wireless communications fundamentals and voice/data architectures
* Strong general knowledge of IP networking protocols and security
* Strong general knowledge of Microsoft AD, SQL DB, VMWare, RHEL
* Ability to provide Operational and Maintenance support on WAVE and Astro Core system components.
* Strong general knowledge of Information Assurance and implementation
* Strong general knowledge of encryption and protocols
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to present complex topics to non- technical audiences
* Self- motivated, goal orienteand able to maintain focus in a high pressure environment
* Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities, environments, and cultures
* Must show attention to detail and have a flawless execution mindset
* Ability to work as an individual and in team environments while meeting onsite customer requirements.
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering and Computer Science
* 2 + years of experience OR 5+ years as a Field Service Technician/Specialist, Systems Technician, Engineer or IT.
* **MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND ABLE TO OBTAIN BACKGROUND CLEARANCE AS REQUIRED BY US GOVERNMENT CUSTOMER**
REFERRAL PAYMENT PLAN
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.