Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
LOC_COLKET-Colket Translational ResearchReq ID:83095
Employment Status:Regular - Full Time
The Administrative Manager will lead all aspects of research as they relate to Center's administrative activities. Responsibilities include direct management and supervision of center staff; budget preparation, revision, and reconciliation process; recruitment and retention of research-related administrative support and Center faculty; operations; process improvement; preparation and submission of center reports. They will provide guidance and input on training and compliance needs identified, and be responsible for coordinating and implementing training and outreach programs for research staff, investigators and others within CHOP. They will coordinate seminars and educational opportunities, and disseminate knowledge of single-cell technologies throughout CHOP. They will work with Public Relations to promote the Center and services it will provide. They will identify and develop key metrics, policy and procedures, that will be followed by all within the Center. The Administrative Director will provide guidance to collaborative investigators both internal and external to the Institution.
Operations and Management of research activities within the Center
- Assure appropriate regulatory compliance and appropriate training of research personnel in support of the successful completion of all Center research activities
- Identify human resource needs for the successful completion of all Center Research.
- Work with the Center Directors and Service Core Director to identify areas that are underserved and make recommendations for re-allotment of resources
- Provide creative input for operations methodology and training and outreach programs to accomplish Center objectives.
Provide administrative leadership and support for clinical research investigators and coordinators.
- Provide leadership in the recruitment, training, assessment and retention of staff.
- Assist in the HR related aspects of potential Center applicants and faculty
Organize, monitor and facilitate the submission of research grant applications by Center faculty
- Streamline the process of submitting grant applications to funding agencies
- Work with Center faculty and staff to collect application materials
- Review application materials for final submission in coordination with Research Institute Sponsored Programs staff
- Work with CHOP Public Relations to promote the Center and services
- Work with Center Director and Co-director to manage the Center budget and make projections for Service Core functionality and revenue
- Assist in the purchasing of equipment needed for the Service Core
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
- Seven (7) years of experience in clinical research or research administration in an academic and/or industry setting
- One (1) year of management or supervisory experience
- Experience in grant writing and/or grants management and coordination.
- Experience in financial management, including budget preparation and management
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Masters or other advanced degree
- Three (3) years of management or supervisory experience
- Experience in resource management, project management and coordination
- Experience in financial management, including budget preparation and management with a hospital or medical school
- Experience in editing, including manuscript preparation, galleys, proofs, or similar
- Experience with pediatric research
Additional Technical Requirements
- A thorough understanding of clinical research
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146