Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Diesel Mechanic Assistant! - FT. Walton Beach, FL
$16.00 +/hour - based on relevant industry experience
Start time: 3:00pm- 12:00pm
Work Schedule- Monday-Friday; Every Other Saturday
Are you seeking a position as a Diesel Mechanic Asst? Want to work for a growing company? Looking for great benefits and competitive pay? Would you enjoy working in a company culture focused on teamwork, customer service and safety? If you are an experienced Diesel Mechanic and this sounds like you, Waste Management has a great opportunity for you!
I. Job Summary
Works under direct supervision and follows established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. Performs minor repairs and limited preventive maintenance (PM) on assigned equipment.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
* Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
* Assists in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
* Washes vehicles and equipment.
* Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
* Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
* Assists with service calls for breakdowns.
* Performs other maintenance related work as required.
* Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Education: Not required.
* Experience: No prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving record.
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Legally eligible to work in the United States.
* Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, and motor vehicle record review.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
* Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
* Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click \\"Apply.\\