Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: PLANTATION, Florida
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS EMPLOYEE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY THROUGH YOUR WORKDAY ACCOUNT.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
A software engineering team that specializes in the development of world class digital two-way subscriber radios and supporting tools for the mission critical market.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Contribute as an individual developer on specific features by writing new feature software for the product
* Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within quality assurance, time and cost constraints.
* Perform design documentation and coding activities, employing existing mature software development processes in the organization.
* Design, implement and test embedded software subsystems using Object Oriented development methodology.
* Create and execute unit, integration, system, load and acceptance tests. Use software system testing procedures, and document results.
* Contribute to the improvement of existing mature software development processes.
* Develop intellectual property for the corporation.
* Inter-group and intra-group teamwork in a multi-site world-wide development environment
* 0 to 3 years of software development/testing experience.
* Experience / Proficient in embedded software development using Object Oriented Analysis and Design
* Experience / Proficiency in C++
* Knowledge of Python and / or Java
* Experience / Proficiency in Agile/Scrum development methodologies is a plus
* Experience in wired & wireless communications protocols (USB, TCP/IP, P25, OSI networking stack) in embedded real-time systems is a plus
* Experience in Test Driven Development is a plus
* Experience with the use of test equipment such as logic analyzers, serial data analyzers, oscilloscopes etc.) is a plus
* Experience with development tools (such as compilers, emulators/JTAG, debuggers, etc.) is a plus
Bachelor's Degree required; major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
REFERRAL PAYMENT PLAN
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.